+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

MRD

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

My dad had found some notepads at a joke shop (he loved those kinds of shops and Spencer's Gifts was his favorite), that he kept in his car and they said:

"do you always park like this or are you just being an inconsiderate SOB today?"

And he would slip those under peoples windshield wipers when they parked to close or blocked him in or something.

Maybe you could try that. Slip a note under the windshield wiper explaining that it makes it difficult to get out of your driveway and you sure don't want to run the risk of accidentally hitting one of their nice cars trying to maneuver out of your driveway when they park in the street.
    Dont' make it threat like (I just read what I wrote and it did sound like a threat) but a genuine concern of : "i'm really scared I'm going to hit one of the parked cars trying to get out and I would NEVER want that to happen"

Some college age kids do not think about anyone but themselves. I know, I used to be one. But if you point out that other people actually do live in the world besides them, they are usually cool about it.

Good luck.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3144982;
    I don't think other neighbors are affected solely based on where they are parking. Directly in front of their and our houses. It is a hazard for emergency and police vehicles. Only 1 car can get through and barely b/c of the location of the cars - directly opposite each other, no wiggle room whatsoever. I think I will write them a note and copy the section of the HOA as they may not even know the rule. It wouldn't be a problem to park in the driveway especially since these cars don't move during the day or night! They need to be in the garage but since they just moved in, I imagine it is filled with boxes. Thanks for the responses.

mrd - I am worried that the police will do nothing b/c although it is a hazard to back out, it's not impossible, just very annoying. I remember your posting about your neighbors and their blocking your driveway, since that is not exactly the case, I hesitate to contact the police.

Call the police department and find out what is allowed on that street. As narrow as you say it is my guess would be that it is a fire lane and you can't park on the street at all, or at least on one side of the street. If it is indeed illegal, call the police and they will take care of the problem.

If it is legal, I think a polite note under the wiper is a good route.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Parking is only allowed on one side of the street in our subdivision, but it is a joke. The police never enforce it even if they are called.

I laughed at the under-the-windshield notes as I've often said that I want a stack of post-its that say, "What part of NO PARKING don't you understand?"
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

myrosiedog, i had a sticker that said, " I only drive this way to piss you off!"
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

We are now getting orange stickers that say "You are in violation of being stupid!" OMG I love these stickers!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3147151;
    We are now getting orange stickers that say "You are in violation of being stupid!" OMG I love these stickers!
    Can you send me about a tonne of those! There are so many stoopid drivers , parkers, shoppers, and pedestrians here. Must be the high altitude and lack of oxygen.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Update on Neighbor situation and cars parked on both sides of the street and in front of my house. They are now parking both of the extra cars on their side of the street in front of their house. Not sure if the HOA talked to them but we never put a note on their cars. Just chickened out. So not sure how it was done but it's done. They are parking on their side and as far as I can tell, not infringing on the neighbors on the other side of them so all appears to be good. Whew. I hate confrontations!

There's a new neighbor in the building next door who drives some sort of sports car. Every night they drive back and forth through the alley way and it sounds like a Harley motorcycle coming through. It is incredibly loud. I looked up noise levels and we don't have an actual law on the books that prohibits it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Those are the kind of people you want to stick a potato in their tailpipe, aren't they? Not that I'd ever do anything like that, but I sure do think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3155824;
    There's a new neighbor in the building next door who drives some sort of sports car. Every night they drive back and forth through the alley way and it sounds like a Harley motorcycle coming through. It is incredibly loud. I looked up noise levels and we don't have an actual law on the books that prohibits it.
    Hey, whats wroing with a Harley motorcycle?!?!?!?

actually, I do understand. Hubby's is one of the quieter ones and he doesn't want it any louder.
    but he has a friend who modifies his to make WAY TOO MUCH noise. He finally said it is too loud for him now. I don't get it. Enjoy the ride, I don't see why it has to be so noisy.

+ Reply to Thread