+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

OMG my neighbors underneath me now have a machine that makes beef jerkey and all sorts of dried goods. It makes my house smell very strange!!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Raccoons knocked over one of my neighbor's garbage cans on Tuesday night. The garbage bag burst open all over the sidewalk. My poor dogs were nearly choking themselves to death trying to get over there and "investigate". He never cleaned any of it up, so finally on Wednesday night I swept it all onto his front steps. It was gone when I left for work on Thursday morning. My question is did he think some garbage cleaning fairies were going to come and clean it up for him? People are so lazy and gross.

I totally understand brunette trixie! We have a tenant who will put their trash bag outside the large trash can and leave it there. We always put it into the large trashcan. I wish we could just scream at them that we are not their maids! If it gets left out, the seagulls go nuts on it!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Awful!

Our longtime upstairs neighbor (a great friend who we actually hang out with) sublet his place to a nice young couple. Supposedly.

Neither of them weigh very much and they do not wear shoes inside the home, so explain to me how they make so much noise puttering around the apartment. It sounds like a wildlife exhibit up there!

I vacuum/dust the common area all the time. BUT, I refuse to touch their shoes. Their shoes travel from their landing (above ours with about 12 steps in between) to more than midway down the stairs. I don't want that to be the first thing I face when I walk in the door.

Also, they are always leaving the common door to the outside open. I have never had a problem with bugs before they moved in, suddenly, there are a bunch of mosquitoes, etc to kill in the living room/entryway. AND, they lock themselves out all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess they're too lazy and obnoxious to close a door (locks automatically) especially when the door is next to someone else's apartment, but then, they don't have/can't find a key for it when it does shut itself. I don't want people or bugs in my postage stamp landing!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to tell their landlord that it's just getting out of hand now. The bugs are the second to last straw (the last straw is all the noise they were making (it sounded like the sliders when you open a heavy drawer being done over and over again) Saturday night when the kiddo was trying to sleep).

I posted this without reading anyone's horrors. I'm sure that my complaints are small potatoes, I'm going to go read the rest now.
    Could does not mean should

My neighbors are incredibly small and skinny and they still stomp like elephants! I feel for you.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Hee... so funny that "buglover" answered my post, a big portion of which were about the bugs I hate.

Yes, they are very lightweight people. I think they are Korean, I can't be sure, but I am of the understanding that a lot of the Asian culture practices the "no shoes inside" thing. I practice it too, the shoes go in a basket on the INSIDE of the door! CONCEPT! We live in itty bitty apartments! THINK!!!!!!!!!!!
    Could does not mean should

Our neighbors have nothing to do with us. We live on a couple acres, and everyone keeps to themselves. It's pretty nice.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My neighbors continue to use the halls and the space around the doorway which is pretty much our space as well as their personal garage. You live in a frickin' building! Get with it!
    When i came home today, they'd parked a cart full of toys in front of our door. Not cool. And i shouldn't have to tell you to frickin move it either.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I don't live in an apartment anymore, but when I did and had to move someone else's junk out of my way more than once or twice, it would get moved right over the railing or out the main door. Yes, I was younger then but I don't think I would do anything different today.
    A few years ago the neighbor's kid got in the habit of throwing his bike down in my yard, and about the third time, instead of throwing the bike back over on their side I just got on and started riding while all the kids were outside. When he came whining about it I acted surprised and said "I thought you were giving it to me, because every time I put it back it ended up over here again". I have had no more incidents since
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Queenb, that is great! I am at how you got the kid for throwing his bike in your yard.
    Very creative!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread