+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

The great thing about having mr buglover as the manager is when he calls the police, he lets them know he's the manager and for some reason they show up much sooner than they do if anyone else calls them for noise complaints.

I have a new neighbor in the complex next door who has a very loud flowmaster on his truck. Every morning at 5am he lets his truck warm up but it is so loud it shakes the apt and wakes me up every time! I'm hoping he moves really soon!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well here's a strike back at all those rude noisy neighbors!

I get up at 3 am everyday, 4 if I'm really tired and decide to wait till I get home to work out. On the weekends I never sleep past 5am because I've been getting up early for too many years. My neighbors drunk boyfriend stays up all night drinking in the back yard. We all have acre lots so its rather mind boggling that I can hear his big mouth in my bedroom in the front of the house. So this morning? I got up at 5am per usual and started mowing my grass and weedeating at 7am. He comes out in his bathrobe glaring at me. I turned the mower off and looked at him. He's like "what's up? Frustrated cause the hubby comes home on Wednesday?" I told him "that's none of your business, just be happy I didn't start at 5am when I normally get up. I was actually being polite and waiting till 7am. Its going to get into the 90's today and I didn't want to wait till it was that hot to mow."

You could see his little pee sized brain working it all out in his head and then he finally said. "Sorry about being so loud, I'll be quieter next time."

Heheheh. Of course he will forget all about it next time he is out there drunk (by the way since its only affecting me and its his voice and not music being so loud I can't call the cops on him) he will do it all over again but it amused me getting him up early this morning.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I don't know, Harmony2000, I might consider mowing the grass at 6 am if I'm up then-the heat would be too much for me even at 7 am, and I would continue throughout the summer months. Glad your hubby is coming home!

Well, I'm sad. My friends and neighbors who moved to Kelowna have decided to sell their house which is next door to me. It's been rented and the renters are really nice but can't afford to purchase. Who knows who will buy it. It is on a corner lot and it could be bulldozed for a huge monster house that would block my sun. I hope it's bought by a nice couple with no dogs and not enough money to bulldoze.

Also, I just found out that my neighbor across the street just died on Friday. He was a very nice lawyer whose wife died very young. Their only son let me know when I stopped to chat with him yesterday while outside. He will be going to university and moving so their house will be up for sale soon as well. Sheesh.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

It's sad when neighbors leave or die. I get very attached to people, as though they live with me...... we had 3 deaths here in our complex in the last 6 years and it's always gut wrenching. misskitty
    Yup, with donuts!!

Right now I'm staying at my parents house until I leave for study abroad, and I absolutely can't stand the old woman who lives next to us. She has a dog in her backyard that just breaks my heart to see. She doesn't feed it regularly, she doesn't check its water bowl, and it's super hot right now so you the dog is suffering. The dog is also infested with so many fleas that it scratches itself so much to the point where it gets bald spots and bleeds. He also rolls around in the grass to relieve the itch. Neither her or grandson ever plays with or takes good care of it. People who can't take care of their animals shouldn't own them in the first place. Also, the thing that made me so angry about her is that my parents have 3 dogs, and two of them are boxer puppies. One day the two boxers were play fighting and the one of the boxers slightly hurt the other boxer's foot. Just normal puppy play wear and tear. The old woman saw this and then she came and knocked on our door to tell me what happened and told me I should check on the injured dog. If she is so concered with our dogs, shouldn't she be taking better care of her own dog?! THAT POOR THING... I really want to call some sort of animal protection service.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

RubyPheonix...just go ahead and call, don't feel bad. That poor dog needs help!

Misskitty, try not to worry about what might happen before it does--you have just as good a chance of getting really great neighbors as you do of getting bad ones.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My lovely neighbors like to go away on the weekends and leave their three dogs unattended, or they just leave them outstide all night, granted I live where they are OK to stay outside, but one of the dogs bark constantly. They usually let them in after I have screamed at the one dog to go lay down. I don't know what is going on in their house, as a few times I have gotten up to scream at the dog and realized that it was inside barking, and my neighbors are home! If we weren't worried about retaliation, I would call the city, since I'm sure the dogs are not licensed.

RubyPhoenix - for heavens sake call someone TODAY!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I can't stand my neighbors.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread