+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

A few posts up, where I said the neighbors with the drums weren't too annoying? I. Take. It. Back.
    Not only are they playing NOW, and loudly, but... they suck. They need to practice, but somewhere else.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fanatic
    I would like to elaborate a little more about the s&m lady who is in her late 70's. She has had a ton of plastic surgery. She looks down right creepy. She also wears high heels and is unable to walk in them. Several people in the building know what she does. The managers in the complex told me she has whips, harnesses, and cages in her apartment. The drunk who lives down the hall is friends with her. This is just here say, but I heard Harriet(the drunk) does some prostitution for her.

I plan on filing a restraining order against Harriet. One of the times, she came into my apartment at 3:00am, because I accidently didn't shut my door all the way(this was sorta my fault), and instead of just shutting it. She came in for a visit.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    SLOBS. The people behind me have 4 dead cars in their driveway. 2 have been there since we bought the house (1997) and every time a car dies, they buy a new one and put the old one in line in the driveway. Their backyard needs a machete to clean the weeds. There is no grass. They have an old swingset (their son is now in 9th grade - hasn't used it in about 6 years). They also did some remodeling (apparently their kitchen, from what we could tell from the garbage). They left the old boxes and old doors and windows on the back dedk. For over a year now. HOW do people live like this????

Other neighbors are pretty much quiet - waving and generally "hey, how are you".

WE are the loud daytime neighbours. There are 5 kids running around from 8 am-6pm but my neighbours are all good sports about it.
    On this side of the street we have all single family homes. To our left is an 85 yr old woman that has lived there since 1964. Sadly, her family had to take her to a retirement home because her health was failing, the home is up for sale now. I dread to think who will move in there.
    To our right is an older couple in their late 50s/early 60s who have 2 developmentally handicapped adults living with them. We don't hear a peep from either side. Across the street we have 2 apartment houses. The one on the corner is filled with mostly college students who like to party all night .. they are not my faves but they are still better than their next door neighbours! The 4 plex next door houses at least 1 drug dealer, a lot of losers and oh yeah.. a guy that stabbed his girlfriend about 3 weeks ago. The wounds were superficial and they are back together?! The mind boggles.
    Then we have the eccentric University professor across the street, she's a pagan and as such she celebrates all pagan rituals with many candles, a group of friends and sometimes a May Pole. They are harmless and they always end the festivities by 11pm Good Neighbours! Next to her is a cute little house being rented to a nurse who is only ever around to sleep.
    If a meteor would fall to earth and take out the 2 apartment houses across the street I wouldn't cry and property values would rise.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy, your location cracks me up everytime I read it! Which neighbor does the yappy dog belong to?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I have been lucky where I live. To my right is a member of B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse. They are the bikers that go to court with kids when they have to testify against abusers.) He and his wife are pretty cool. To the left is a couple and their baby. Across the street are two older ladies (in separate houses) and diagonally from me is a Mexican family. The grown ups don't speak very good english, but the kids do. They are sweet people. I was out weeding one day and the mom of the family came and helped. The lady to the left of me is fluent in Spanish so she helps them alot. All the kids in the neighborhood play together well.

I do have one neighbor from hell. Two houses down is the Edna Kravitz of the neighborhood. Nosy and obnoxious, but tolerable.

I feel much better about my nutcases I mean neighbors after reading this thread!
    Go Tigers!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    I feel much better about my nutcases I mean neighbors after reading this thread!

When you live in an apartment complex, you get to see people's troubles a little more then in houses, because they live on top of you. I was kinda social with my neighbors, but now I am not as much. One night when the drunk came to my door, I let her in for awhile(HUGE MISTAKE) She was so drunk I wish I had my own reality show. She was trying on a jacket my mom gave me to put on ebay. When I told her I was going to shut off the lights, she said don't worry, I'll do that when I leave

I have learned the lesson the hard way with the drunk woman, but its partially my fault for engaging with her.

Another good neighbor story was the lady who lived above me. Honestly, I almost called the police, because I heard screaming, but it was just sex. For awhile it was so annoying, I wanted to die. But then it just became funny, especially when you hear the headboard banging. She has since moved out, I have been replaced with a man who talks so loud, when he's on the phone, its like hes in my apartment. I kinda wish I heard the sex now. It became entertaining.

Its good life experience, espeically when your in your mid 20's
    Last edited by jman79; 10-15-2005 at 10:52 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    WE are the loud daytime neighbours. There are 5 kids running around from 8 am-6pm but my neighbours are all good sports about it.
    On this side of the street we have all single family homes. To our left is an 85 yr old woman that has lived there since 1964. Sadly, her family had to take her to a retirement home because her health was failing, the home is up for sale now. I dread to think who will move in there.
    To our right is an older couple in their late 50s/early 60s who have 2 developmentally handicapped adults living with them. We don't hear a peep from either side. Across the street we have 2 apartment houses. The one on the corner is filled with mostly college students who like to party all night .. they are not my faves but they are still better than their next door neighbours! The 4 plex next door houses at least 1 drug dealer, a lot of losers and oh yeah.. a guy that stabbed his girlfriend about 3 weeks ago. The wounds were superficial and they are back together?! The mind boggles.
    Then we have the eccentric University professor across the street, she's a pagan and as such she celebrates all pagan rituals with many candles, a group of friends and sometimes a May Pole. They are harmless and they always end the festivities by 11pm Good Neighbours! Next to her is a cute little house being rented to a nurse who is only ever around to sleep.
    If a meteor would fall to earth and take out the 2 apartment houses across the street I wouldn't cry and property values would rise.
    Too Funny!

I now live in a normal neighborhood. We only have one home that the mother is a former prostitute and her daughter is apparently giving it away to all the teenagers in the area. It's very sad that this girl is one who likes to cut herself. I don't know how to even try to help-she likes her boys and I'm a stupid biddy who should mind her own business.

+ Reply to Thread