+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

I must be one of those oddities that enjoys the laughing and ball bouncing since my sons are grown. I love to hear the "I dare you!" and "I'm going to tell on you"s. I often sit outside and watch, listen and laugh, and thank God that my time is over, and I can just go inside and read a book, but someone else has to put up with them on their "sugar highs"

I enjoy the sounds of kids playing outside also, famita. You're not alone! The only thing that really got on my nerves was the sound of those stupid big wheels and the plastic wheels on the cement. Especially when they'd go into a skid. That used to drive me nuts!

I can fully handle the kids in the pool screaming for a couple of hours. The little one likes to call first all the time! He will say slow down, I want to be first! It's the kid that I don't like who annoys me. He has to be the center of attention and be louder than everyone all the time. His parents rarely pay any attention to him so I sort of feel sorry for him but it still annoys me big time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I'm with you guys. I love hearing kids play. But when they start screaming is when it gets to me. I don't care if they're loud, just don't scream.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I too enjoy hearing the neighborhood kids playing. I don't mind the yelling loudly, its the screaming that you can't tell if they're playing or being killed. Many times I run to the door only to find they're fighting over a toy and not being kidnapped.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3013386;
    I too enjoy hearing the neighborhood kids playing. I don't mind the yelling loudly, its the screaming that you can't tell if they're playing or being killed. Many times I run to the door only to find they're fighting over a toy and not being kidnapped.
    You hit the nail on the head there. Or should it be the kid on the head in this case?

I often wonder how the parents can allow that to continue to occur. I would have yanked my son in the house if he were outside screaming like he was being murdered.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3013421;
    I often wonder how the parents can allow that to continue to occur. I would have yanked my son in the house if he were outside screaming like he was being murdered.
    Oh, me too! I can't stand screaming and I assumed it bothered other people too, so I would snatch my child back in the house for some "quiet" time.

I still say that if there is going to be screaming allowed in public places, then they should allow smoking too, because nothing makes me want a cigerette more than hearing prolonged screaming!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I don't think parents have control any more. I would have threatened my sons to an inch of their life if they carried on like that. I will say that out in public they acted like angels. However, inside was another story sometimes.....

Around here it seems parents are afraid to parent. All this, please don't do that, please stop, etc. I'm all for politically correct punishing, but please all the time? I SAY NO and I mean no!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread