+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 91 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

and she'd kiss you right back Newf! Most people are put off by her size but she is a giant pussycat. A Yorkie tried to attack her the other day and she just stood there and took it wagging her tail (and I thought she looked amused).

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2979161;
    I do if it's a Newf, and I might if it's a Mastiff
    Heh Heh Heh.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2973933;
    . . . My neighborhood is full of barking, howling, chained dogs that make so much noise there's no way I can leave my windows open on nice days, or even sleep with them closed if I don't have a box fan running. . .
    In my complex, it's the idiots with the undisciplined screaming kids. Luckily, my apartment complex is smoke- and pet-free -- if they could only make it bratty kid-free! Yes, I do expect there to be some amount of noise in the pool. But incessant shrieking and screaming? :nono I don't think so. (When I was growing up, we had a pool -- in a private home's backyard on a half-acre lot -- and my parents taught us that it was rude, unacceptable behavior to disturb the neighbors with steel-shattering shrieks!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2983391;
    In my complex, it's the idiots with the undisciplined screaming kids. Luckily, my apartment complex is smoke- and pet-free -- if they could only make it bratty kid-free! Yes, I do expect there to be some amount of noise in the pool. But incessant shrieking and screaming? :nono I don't think so. (When I was growing up, we had a pool -- in a private home's backyard on a half-acre lot -- and my parents taught us that it was rude, unacceptable behavior to disturb the neighbors with steel-shattering shrieks!)
    We were at something that is usually a really nice, peaceful event, but there was a group of kids shreiking and running and yelling and it was extremely disturbing.
    I told my husband that if they were going to make these events smoke free, then they needed to make them scream free as well as all the screaming was getting on my nerves and making me want to smoke.

I don't mind kids and I don't mind them having fun, but when it is way too loud and is disturbing an otherwise serene setting, then the parents need to reign it in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2984055;
    We were at something that is usually a really nice, peaceful event, but there was a group of kids shreiking and running and yelling and it was extremely disturbing.
    I told my husband that if they were going to make these events smoke free, then they needed to make them scream free as well as all the screaming was getting on my nerves and making me want to smoke.

I don't mind kids and I don't mind them having fun, but when it is way too loud and is disturbing an otherwise serene setting, then the parents need to reign it in.
    . . . or slip Quaaludes in the Kool-Aid!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2984055;

Oh hell, they should just make them child free.

After that happened, one of the neighbors threw a bbq so that we could all get to know each other and who should be around the building and such. A few of us remained friends and hang out all the time now.
    That seems like a good idea and i'd totally take part if i were living in another building and another state. I say that because most of my neighbors are trash. I can't stand these people. In general, i think that there is no advancement where i live. it's essentially plateaud. We're about to receive new key cards for the front door. Something tells me that within a week, some low-life will have ruined it so that he/she and co-horts have unlimited access to this building. Whether those co-horts actually live her or not. As i said, i dislike my neighbors and think they're trash. I reckon i deserve this for ever talking about people that live in trailers. Who the hell am i to talk?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

So mrd, what's the outcome of the "poop" incident?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2978878;
    ...I am so excited to be back in Canada and able to communicate clearly that I have been saying hello to all of our neighbours. They all seem very friendly and nice, and one invited me in for coffee and said I was the first person she had met since moving to the street in October. ...When we were in South America everyone had big walls around their houses and I didn't know one neighbour. I liked it there but I am thrilled to be home.
    I, personally, am thrilled that you are back home with us Canuckincanucklandskichucksvil le!! Woo Hoo! I do think that the snowy weather does make neighbors talk to each other more out of need and common dispair! And when we finally get nice weather, we all want to celebrate it by waving a hi, or saying hello. My little thoughts any way.

Right now, all my neighbors are workmen, bulldozers, trucks, and Cats. Not kitty cats. Just big machine Cats.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2988615;
    So mrd, what's the outcome of the "poop" incident?
    She glares at me when I take the dogs out. So I glare back. Nothing else has happened. Oh, except, her dog tried to run in my yard today and she practically did a flying tackle to keep it from coming over here. I thought that was funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2977652;
    Well my husband, daughter and a friend all told me I showed remarkable restraint as they'd have rubbed it in her screen door.
    I have some Mastiff doo doo I could lend you . They'd never recover

+ Reply to Thread