+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

With my temper, I probably would have scoured my yard looking for all the doggy doo-doo I could find and left a nice big pile at the front door. Not that I'm that juvenile, of course!

MRD

Well my husband, daughter and a friend all told me I showed remarkable restraint as they'd have rubbed it in her screen door.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I actually can't complain about my neighbors. I live in an apartment complex and made friends with about 6 other apartments there. That number is dwindling though as people are moving out now.
    I go grocery shopping with one of them every single Saturday. It's kind of fun to do it with someone else, even though it takes a little longer than usual.
    One of the other neighbors colors my hair for me too...and yet another watches my dog for me when I go out of town. The one that sits for me is moving at the end of the month, I'm sad to see my dog sitter go!!
    I am nobody. Nobody is perfect.
    Therefore, I am perfect.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PammyCakes;2978033;
    I actually can't complain about my neighbors. I live in an apartment complex and made friends with about 6 other apartments there. That number is dwindling though as people are moving out now.
    I go grocery shopping with one of them every single Saturday. It's kind of fun to do it with someone else, even though it takes a little longer than usual.
    One of the other neighbors colors my hair for me too...and yet another watches my dog for me when I go out of town. The one that sits for me is moving at the end of the month, I'm sad to see my dog sitter go!!
    I'd love to trade! I do have some wonderful neighbors, but the ones I am currently at war with have been nasty since day one. And it's fairly telling that NO ONE in the neighborhood likes them, so it isn't just us.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2978461;
    I'd love to trade! I do have some wonderful neighbors, but the ones I am currently at war with have been nasty since day one. And it's fairly telling that NO ONE in the neighborhood likes them, so it isn't just us.
    When I lived in a house, I never did like my neighbors. We had one who's tree would get so big that it would touch our roof and grow up under the shingles. We had to constantly ask him to trim it. When I moved out into an apt...I didn't get to know them for a long time. There was a woman in my building that got attacked...stabbed and raped. After that happened, one of the neighbors threw a bbq so that we could all get to know each other and who should be around the building and such. A few of us remained friends and hang out all the time now.
    Therefore, I am perfect.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PammyCakes;2978615;
    When I lived in a house, I never did like my neighbors. We had one who's tree would get so big that it would touch our roof and grow up under the shingles. We had to constantly ask him to trim it. When I moved out into an apt...I didn't get to know them for a long time. There was a woman in my building that got attacked...stabbed and raped. After that happened, one of the neighbors threw a bbq so that we could all get to know each other and who should be around the building and such. A few of us remained friends and hang out all the time now.
    Wow, that's a really great idea. More neighborhoods/apt. complexes should do this. It certainly helps when everyone can watch out for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2978771;
    Wow, that's a really great idea. More neighborhoods/apt. complexes should do this. It certainly helps when everyone can watch out for each other.
    I wasn't as nervous for myself, because I have a 2nd floor apartment and a 95 lb dog. Someone would really have to hate me to scale the 2nd story and continue coming in with the dog raising all kinds of noise...
    But I did really want to know who was supposed to be around the complex and who wasn't. We need to do that again, because several people have moved out and several others have moved in.
    Therefore, I am perfect.

It's kind of funny more people don't do this sort of thing. I am so excited to be back in Canada and able to communicate clearly that I have been saying hello to all of our neighbours. They all seem very friendly and nice, and one invited me in for coffee and said I was the first person she had met since moving to the street in October. I think though, that everyone got so snowed in this year it was survival of the fittest! I actually met her when I walked across the street to hire one of her teenagers to finish clearing my driveway when I got about half way done. I wanted to cry it was so deep and heavy. She has since asked me to collect the mail when they are gone, and I was really happy to do that since we can reciprocate. The guy next door is retired and his kids and friends visit quite a bit and seem very nice. Everyone is interested when we walk our English Mastiff (even though some dumb woman ran up and started kissing her face....(who does that to a strange dog?) When we were in South America everyone had big walls around their houses and I didn't know one neighbour. I liked it there but I am thrilled to be home.

I'm in fear all the time because mr buglover is the manager of the complex. Anytime he talks to someone about their noise, I check my tires the next morning for sure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2978878;
    Everyone is interested when we walk our English Mastiff (even though some dumb woman ran up and started kissing her face....(who does that to a strange dog?)
    I do if it's a Newf, and I might if it's a Mastiff
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread