+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Gut - I agree with Gabriel. If they've just moved in, they are probably trying to get settled in and haven't even thought about the fence. If you know someone who does fence removal or that type of thing, it might be nice to pass along that contact info to the neighbors as they are new in town. Good luck! I hope you get your lovely garden back soon.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Good news!!! I made a batch of box brownies and shook a LOAD of powdered sugar over them (Pampered Chef shaker) and wrote a welcome card with my name and phone #. I thought I saw their car in the drive through the back yard, so I crutched around the front, but they weren't home, so I went inside the little enclosure by their back door and left them on the steps. About an hour later I got a call from a man with a lovely Brittish accent saying his daughter thinks I make the best brownies in the world and would I like to come around? I said sure and met him and his 2 kids... a girl in 2nd grade and a boy with cerebral palsy in 4th grade. Divorced moved in here with the kids. New puppy. I stayed longer than I meant to because they kept the conversation rocketing all over the place. Fascinating people. He's a jack of all trades and has lived in 11 different countries. He brought up the fence and had already figured out that since the nice side was facing them it must be theirs and he'll deal with it soon. He's even going to take down my dinosaur of a space ship sized satelite receiver in the back yard (here when we moved in, we use cable). He is radio enthusiast and bounces signals off the moon. (?). Anyway - I've already invited the kids over for next time we have kittens and offered to show them the path in the woods to the lookout point. I'm going to fill my sandbox with fresh sand since it is right up against their yard. I have beach toys from last summer to put in it. I even have a swingset I've let the vines grow over because it's such a gothic effect, but I'm sure I can free it with a little effort. Looks like it could be a fun summer after all.
    Count your blessings!

That's great to hear, Gut. Good neighbors rock.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Sounds like great new neighbors Gut! Sounds like it could definetly be a fun summer. And the dad is single you say????? Hmmmmm.................
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was wondering the same thing, MRD!! I guess we'll have to wait for installments on the relationship thread!!

My neighbors are for the most part cool, of course they get on my nerves every now and then, like when the one 4 houses over decides to park his boat and 10 cars on the road! Yes, 10 cars for a 3 bedroom house. No idea why a 4 member family needs 10 cars or when the one right next to me never parks in her drive way but always in front of my house and I don't get my mail because the mailman won't get out of the car. *sighs*

But...they make up for it. The one who always parks in front of my house mows my yard when my husband is deployed and the one with the boat and 10 cars is always buying my son stuff or inviting him over to play with his kids so he can have a "father" figure around while daddy is out to sea. So, I just grit my teeth and over look the little things that drive me batty about them because over all they are good people.

I have an interesting neighbor story. To set the stage, the neighbor in question is a middle-aged woman, divorced, a couple of teenage kids. She lived there when we moved in several years ago and a boyfriend (maybe husband? no idea if they got married) moved in some time in the last few years.

So the other night I am getting my older kids off to bed, it is getting late sometime between 10:00 and 10:30. And I notice there is a car parked on the road in front of their house, close to our house, with the headlights on. I made note of it and went on with what I was doing. Before I actually went to bed I checked and the car is still there with its headlights on. At this point I am thinking to myself "how long do I let this car sit out there before I take some action??" So I doze off and my husband wakes me up when he gets home from work at around 12:30am and asks "Why is that car sitting out there running on the street?"" So at this point I realize that the car has been out there RUNNING with the headlights on for AT LEAST 2 HOURS! However, he also informed me that our phone wasn't working, so I had to call the cable company to find out why our VoIP was down. So about 30 mins later we are contemplating this car - running for at least 2.5 hours, my husband went out and looked and the drivers window is rolled completely open, radio is on but quiet, and the car is parked askew so one wheel is rolled up almost into their front yard which is unusual for them. We cannot come up with a single RATIONAL explanation for this situation. So my husband goes over and knocks on their door - at this point it is 1:00 in the morning, but we don't think there is really an alternative - no one answers.

We have also covered all of the terrible things that could have happened at this point. Could this woman have a jealous ex that tried to snatch her as she got home!? Could someone have tried to kidnap one of her kids!? On top of that, at any point someone could literally walk up, get in this car, and drive off in it and they would not know any better!! So we give up and call the police (non-emergency). We give them the license number and they do tell us that it looks liek the car is registered to our neighbor. They sent someone out a while later. He looked around, couldn't wake them up with a normal knock on the door, so he knocked so loud I could feel it thru the floorboards in my house! So the guy finally gets up, they exchange a couple of words (many fewer than I expected) and the guy moves the car into the driveway. I don't know what I expected, but it ended up so anti-climatic.
    I almost feel bad that we called the police about it, but we honestly didn't feel like there was any other option...

Hmm, almost sounds like maybe whoever was driving the car came home drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2954486;
    Hmm, almost sounds like maybe whoever was driving the car came home drunk.
    That is actually just what my husband when the guy came out to move the car. He wasn't stumbling or showing any signs at that point. If that was the case, then I really wouldn't feel sorry for waking them up. I have no sympathy for people that would risk innocent lives by choosing to drive drunk!

He had to be drunk or something. Who forgets to park and turn off their car when they get home?

+ Reply to Thread