+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

The #1 teething aid is frozen waffles. The cold feels good on the gums, they are hard enough to provide some resistance, and, most importantly, they have built-in drool cups.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

buglover: I wouldn't have a clue what to do. Maybe go over, introduce yourself, and offer a few of the suggestions here. Try to get a sense of the home if you can get inside the door; is it disruptive, or does it look in order? Do they have a pet that is scaring the baby? If the parents seem suspicious, I'd think about calling a help line to check it out.

---------

I was able to talk to the two guys ripping up my neighbors house yesterday. They are from New Brunswick and were hired to work for the new owner. They have ripped out the kitchen, bathrooms, rugs, built-in wall unit, mirrors, tiles, everything. A couple of walls are coming down too. They are on their second big dumpster already. They were really nice and have a funny accent. They found a couple of little things here and there from the 1960's. They gave them to me so I could pass them on to the original owner. He would love to have the notes and cutouts! I wish someone had taken before and after photos.

I'm hoping to keep in touch with the guys because they said they wouldn't mind some weekend work for extra money. And I will need a new fence and new shingles put on the roof.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Well it turns out the baby is a spoiled little one. She is always on mom's hip no matter what and when the dad sets her down she screams like she's being beaten. I figured it out by listening everyday. She doesn't cry like that for the mom, only the dad so I'm sure it's not abuse.

Last night was no picnic here at "Melrose Place". One set of neighbors were fighting and he left to go to another neighbor's place to chill. Then another set of neighbors (she moved out 2 days ago) were fighting very loudly and then bang! bang! 2 gunshots rang out. It could have just been a coincidence that it happened to be while they were fighting but it sure sounded like it was right here. Cops came and couldn't find anyone who had fired a gun in the complex. Neighbor fight number 1 resumed after he came home from chilling next door. 3am mr buglover finally called neighbor 1 and said enough of the fighting. Tell your woman to stop screaming at you and go to bed! Neighbor 2 seemed to have made up with his g/f (the one who moved out) and some hanky panky started for all of the complex to hear. It's not going to be fun because mr buglover has to talk to both 1 and 2 about the fighting/hanky panky and how the whole complex can hear everything that is going on. Needless to say I'm very tired right now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

OMG, Buglover! I keep thinking about the kids in the neighborhood. I thank my lucky stars that I was able to raise my kids in a quiet farming community (emphasis on quiet)!

I'm filing a complaint with the local Sherrif's department. Apparently the woman was not the girlfriend at all, but a deputy of the department. NO BUENO!! I will not have my child in this environment and will get them out as soon as possible. We've had noise and some fighting in the past but never anything that could harm others.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Good for you bug. Since she's a deputy, was that her gun that you heard?
    CYA

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

The neighbors next door to me have a tendency to leave their door open, their home isn't clean at all. ick!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

We finally got new neighbors - with young kids (bright plastic toys all over the yard). I'm going to take some brownies over today and introduce myself. I really want to ask them if they intend to do something about the fence that fell down this winter (the one that I "encouraged" to fall in their direction). One section is still leaning against one of their young fir trees and one section is still standing at a derelict angle. It is their fence, but they may not realize it since it is right on the boarder of our properties. My wonderful perennial garden with the pond/waterfall/fountain is in that yard and the whole falling down fence thing just ruins the effect. I don't want it to seem like that's the reason I came over to meet them. How should I approach it?
    Count your blessings!

Hand them the brownies, engage some conversation and leave. Next week have a conversation about anything.
    In 3 weeks it should be warm enough for anything to be happening, start another dialogue and this time, if nothing is happening with the fence ask them if they need the name of a contractor and have one handy f rom the yellow pages.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Buglover, the gunshots would have scared the you know what out of me.

I hope that Mr. Buglover can talk to the two couples and explain that everyone now knows every little detail of their private lives. When you live in an apartment complex, you have to really be a LOT more sensitive to your neighbors. I think that is part of the responsibility when you live in a complex to be a good neighbor yourself so as not to disturb and involve your neighbors in your private life.

Hope things get worked out and no more gunshots.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread