+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

That is bad!! I'm pretty sure we have different bylaws here for things like that. Like I know you're not supposed to snowblow your snow on to the street and things like that. Surely ice would be the same?

I think I am going to like our new neighbours! I have already met a bunch of them while we went to the house to shovel the snow. One guy came from 3 driveways down with his snowblower to help us out. The family across the street has kids similar ages to mine and invited me in for tea, again on another shoveling day But, the best thing happened today. Our alarm system went off in the house, and it turns out a curtain was blowing from a heat register and triggered a motion sensor. The alarm company called and when we got to the house (we are still in temporary digs waiting for our stuff to arrive etc) the neighbour beside us had put his truck in our driveway and then blocked the end of it with his other SUV. I thought that was pretty nice of him since the snow is seriously deep and no way was anyone going to have an easy time wading through all that wet stuff! There is nothing in the house, and we hope to begin moving in soon (2 weeks). I am trying to get some stuff done while there is no furniture, but I'm just about done with the waiting stuff. Oh, and truck guy has a seriously cute Bernese Mountain dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2826707;
    I think i mentioned this in my earlier posts. Also, those neighbors and their guests use the back of the staircase as a urinal. The janitor has put them on notice that he knows it's them.
    This is how they've left the wall. Not art folks.
    All I can do is shake my head. Sometimes someone here will have a "guest" or whatever and I presume they are drunk or high because we'll find that same type of "art" in the elevator along with the puddle..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I guess I've never understood the need to pee inside when drunk. Everyone knows you have to wait until you're outside so you can mark your territory!

That's just wrong. I understand if you've gotta go bad, but you should turn around and go back to the house and go.
    Yup, with donuts!!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2832499;
    I think I am going to like our new neighbours! I have already met a bunch of them while we went to the house to shovel the snow. One guy came from 3 driveways down with his snowblower to help us out. The family across the street has kids similar ages to mine and invited me in for tea, again on another shoveling day But, the best thing happened today. Our alarm system went off in the house, and it turns out a curtain was blowing from a heat register and triggered a motion sensor. The alarm company called and when we got to the house (we are still in temporary digs waiting for our stuff to arrive etc) the neighbour beside us had put his truck in our driveway and then blocked the end of it with his other SUV. I thought that was pretty nice of him since the snow is seriously deep and no way was anyone going to have an easy time wading through all that wet stuff! There is nothing in the house, and we hope to begin moving in soon (2 weeks). I am trying to get some stuff done while there is no furniture, but I'm just about done with the waiting stuff. Oh, and truck guy has a seriously cute Bernese Mountain dog!
    That was nice of your neighbour, canuckinchile.

We have laws against shovelling snow (and I'm sure ice) into the street but they won't actually charge anyone unless they catch them actually doing it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Amy Lee: Yikes! That is just horrible. Not just the graffiti, but the, um, urinal action. What if he put a camera there and posted pictures to embarass the offenders?

myrosiedog: Do you have a police anonymous call line? Like TIPS?

Straycat: Here it's illegal to dump all your snow and ice on the roads. But someone has to report it.

canuckinchile: I'm so glad you are home and happy with your neighbors!!

I've got action in my neighborhood. It's construction and renovation season! The house on the corner was just bulldozed! The old bungalow has been dug up and there are already new footings being put in. Holy smokes, those guys are moving fast! It's going to be a very nice big two-story and double-garage.

This morning, I and the kitties awoke to an awful grinding noise! They went under the bed and I took to the window. A huge bright orange dumpster was placed on my neighbor's front yard. The home sold last year and nothing has been done. It guess it's going to start soon! They'll probably gut the house and take out the kitchen for sure.
    Last edited by misskitty; 03-25-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2867344;
    Amy Lee:
    I've got action in my neighborhood. It's construction and renovation season! The house on the corner was just bulldozed! The old bungalow has been dug up and there are already new footings being put in. Holy smokes, those guys are moving fast! It's going to be a very nice big two-story and double-garage.

This morning, I and the kitties awoke to an awful grinding noise! They went under the bed and I took to the window. A huge bright orange dumpster was placed on my neighbor's front yard. The home sold last year and nothing has been done. It guess it's going to start soon! They'll probably gut the house and take out the kitchen for sure.
    You should get hard hats for your kitties, and maybe orange safety vests
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2867919;
    You should get hard hats for your kitties, and maybe orange safety vests
    Yes, and definitely ear plugs!! They already filled one dumpster, and it was removed and another one left there this morning. Meowza! No sleeping in in this house. My outside walls are like paper. I actually own two hard hats, safety goggles, and a pair of steel toed-boots! But none are in kitty size.

I`ve been in the house before it was sold and it needed some plaster, paint, new rugs and refinished hardwood for sure. But sounds like they are taking out the fixtures and maybe even a wall. I wish I could just pop over and snooop! I love seeing stuff demolished and rebuilt. It`s cool to know the before and afters.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

We have new neighbors who moved in with a baby. The baby screams non stop. It's about 7months old and they have told management the baby is teething. I'm working from home today and I have had babies.......this baby is not teething. It screams like it's being pinched or hit and I'm really beginning to worry.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread