+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

I just found out that my neighbors who moved to Kelowna are moving back! They've had it with the high prices, extra 6% pst and slow work. When they return, they will probably sell the house next door to me that they still own and are now renting. The renters, who are already behind in rent and the rest of the damage deposit, have no idea......
    Last edited by misskitty; 03-03-2008 at 04:44 AM.

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

I think i mentioned this in my earlier posts. Also, those neighbors and their guests use the back of the staircase as a urinal. The janitor has put them on notice that he knows it's them.
    This is how they've left the wall. Not art folks.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie

The neighbors on the left of me are drunks. The man actually just got a DUI. I think that pissed off his wife because she has a new car now. My neighbor on the right is pretty much a nice old lady but she spys on everyone with binoculars. It's kind of creepy.

That reminds me - when I was growing up, we lived next door to an older couple who never had any children. They were OK, but a little crabby. You know how during the summer sometimes you get brown patches of grass? Well, the old lady used to tell us that those brown patches were there because a man peed on the grass and made it go brown. And if you have a brown patch of grass under a window, well, that meant while he was peeing on your grass, he was also looking in your window!!

MRD

Oh geez, about the peeing on the grass while looking in your windows.

My parents had these really WILD and very rich neighbors and they used to have these crazy parties and my mom would spy on them with her binoculars by leaning on the washing machine and looking out the laundry room window. It was actually pretty funny as we saw all kinds of weird sights. But we could only see the circular driveway and doorway, so what we saw were the entrances and then the drunken exits. Oh and the adult son passing out in the driveway and them leaving him there where someone accidentally ran over him (he actually was not hurt, if you can believe it). Yes, it was quite interesting and it gave my mom something to do when she got to the point where her illness reduced her activity levels. They even had a party where people arrived by horses and some by horse and buggy. Now that was fun to watch and we weren't the only neighbors that turned out to watch that one.

I have had some really nosy neighbors, but let me tell you that that can actually be a good thing. When someone knows EVERYTHING that goes on in a neighborhood, it makes it a lot harder for criminals to come in and do anything because "nosy", knows who belongs and who doesn't and calls the police when anything suspicious happens. At first I was creeped out by her nosiness, but then after we had car vandals on the street and she called the cops, I really didn't mind her spying. We could always count on her to keep an eye on our house when we were out of town.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gee, AmyLee, that makes me want to go and read what's actually written on the wall!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

The neighbor with the dirt bike is about to drive me insane. He drives it up and down the cul-de-sac. It has no license plate on it. Should I call the police? I don't know why he doesn't take it where he can ride it as there are plenty of places to go. But we were treated to his riding it back and forth for half an hour yesterday and its LOUD and very annoying. I can hear it inside my house with all the windows closed (and storm windows over that still), the heat and tv on and it sounds like he's riding it through the family room.
    It makes me want to stretch a cable across the road.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2829241;
    The neighbor with the dirt bike is about to drive me insane. He drives it up and down the cul-de-sac. It has no license plate on it. Should I call the police? I don't know why he doesn't take it where he can ride it as there are plenty of places to go. But we were treated to his riding it back and forth for half an hour yesterday and its LOUD and very annoying. I can hear it inside my house with all the windows closed (and storm windows over that still), the heat and tv on and it sounds like he's riding it through the family room.
    It makes me want to stretch a cable across the road.
    In most places I know, dirt bikes are not street legal. And especially without a license plate.

Are you guys on good terms? Can you ask him to please not ride it on the street? It's not safe and not legal.

How would he react to the police? Would he assume it was you or not even think about it?

I know I was kind of mocked by people when I complained on parents towing kids on sleds and tires behind their trucks after it snowed. Not only is that illegal, but very dangerous. We've had a couple of kids killed that way last year. Next time I see someone do it, I'm just calling the police and not saying anything.

It's a toss up on the neighbor. If you guys are on good terms, I'd talk to him and maybe find out first if it is illegal.

If not, just put in a complaint with the police.

Not sure if I could call the cops about this but: Neighbor across the street just shoveled huge chunks of ice from in front of his house and threw them into the middle of the street. So now when cars drive over them(Like me) they slide. Real safe! The neighbor next door to shovel guy does the same thing when it snows, she shovels the snow away from her curb and throws it into the middle of the street. It's driving me crazy!

That's insane and dangerous. There is probably a municipal by law that they are violating. You could call the town office etc.

+ Reply to Thread