+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    I could write a book.
    I'll bet you have plenty of good stories; I have plenty of time.

How funny that I just discovered this thread tonight. (Thanks, Pom) All of my neighbors are recluses, except for the old guy two doors down. He is Bud, who is an older man full of charm and friendliness(sp?) as a direct contrast to all the old, shrewish, recluse type, weirdos living in my small marsh view community. We live in unparalleled beauty- but we have no community center: re: no pool, no tennis court, no community center. Most of the people here do not speak to anyone else, unless you are 70 or so.

I feel lucky to not have a view of the trash or of the parking lot- rather, I have a view of the Ashley River. But these people are psychotic! My next door neighbor asked me if my teenage sons were throwing rocks at her wall from inside our condo.(?) Why would we have rocks inside our condo? And the person on the other side never comes out. She has a son who does her bidding, and who is very rude to me and my sons. HELP ME!
    Go Tigers!

jMAN, want to move in together?
    Go Tigers!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    SueEllen! Maybe it is you!

I sometimes wonder what my neighbors think of me, but then I realize that I don't care what they think as long as they're quiet! I don't want to know what kind of music they like, what they watch on TV, when or with whom they're having sex or when they have friends over because if I know any of those things it's because I can hear them!

Sometimes i wonder what the loud thumping at night up above me is, but then again, an old lady supposedly lives in the apartment above mine.
    I would feel really bad if she were enjoying life more than me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I've reiterated my request to the management for a deaf, non-smoking nun with no TV, no pets and no friends (and no need to do missionary work amongst her neighbors!).
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee

Sometimes i wonder what the loud thumping at night up above me is, but then again, an old lady supposedly lives in the apartment above mine.
    I would feel really bad if she were enjoying life more than me.
    You never know!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

oh sometimes i miss all the wierd and wacky neighbors i've had. now i live in the nicolette national forest with my hubby. the closest neighbor is across the lake and down aways. we can't even see their house. the only sound are the frogs. and damn their loud. probably the worst "neighbors" i've ever had.

I am enjoying this thread tremendously, thanks Pom.

Julitta, we have the smallest frogs where I live, and their croaking is amazingly LOUD.

I have been blessed with wonderful neighbors for the past 17 years, and I have absolutely no complaints. Hooray! However, years ago I had the devil's spawn living next door in the disguise of an 8-year-old boy. Here are a few samplings of his handiwork:

1. He threw an entire bag of charcoal briquettes one-by-one into our pool. From then on, he threw rocks (lots of them) into the pool on a regular basis.
    2. Once while cooking dinner for guests, I noticed the oven had turned off. Come to find out, he had flipped the circuit breaker. We put a padlock on it after that.
    3. We caught him kicking his puppy, who at the time was chained up in the front yard on a hot day in full sun with no food or water. (That day we found someone to adopt the dog, and he's a great pet ).
    4. We found him crouching by one of our truck tires. Turns out he had a buck knife in his hand and was trying to pierce the tire. The fact that this kid got his hands on a buck knife gave me nightmares.
    5. I saw him in his front yard trying to light a dead bush on fire with a cigarette lighter. When I asked what he was doing, he tried to hide the lighter in his little brother's diaper.

When we talked to his parents about these problems, the dad would beat the tarnation out of him, which was no way to resolve the problem. I hope he's changed his ways, but fear he's probably in jail by now.

Fortunately for us, they moved after six months, and the people who moved into their house are a great family who have lovingly repaired the house and have terrific kids.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    About the music, my sweetest neighbors (eldery couple of Czech descent), one time he decided to give them a taste of their own medicine and started blasting old fashioned POLKA music!
    Funnily enough, my Dad did this a loooong time ago. When we lived in New Jersey in the 70's, we generally had great neighbors, except for the people to the right--they were a bit off in many respects. They also had a habit of playing really bad music at all their parties--out door pool parties in the middle of the week. My sister & I were little kids back then, so my parents didn't take too well to it. One night, Dad had had enough. The stereo was on the first floor near the patio, so he hooked up the REALLY long speaker wire, drug the speakers out on the patio and BLASTED polka music. (Not that we normally listened to polka music, mind you--part of the family is of eastern European descent, and hence there's a bit of it lying about.) The neighbors got the message and turned down their music.

My neighborhood now is wacky....it's one of the few subdivisions with absolutely no building restrictions. So, down the road is a little old man with a mini-farm on his property guarded by a pack of weenie dogs. On the right next to me is a dude who has been through 2 screaming relationships in the 5 years I've lived in my house. I really get along well with his cat, who had to stay with me during Katrina because he took off to hang out with the latest chick he's seeing and didn't bother to put her in the house. On the left is a guy who is hardly ever there--which is fine--but he really doesn't keep up the house very well. He's got this habit of jogging at night in the dark, and one day I may accidentally run him over. He needs some reflector tape on his clothes or something. But the one that creeps me out is the lady who lives across the street...she has told me in the past that she stays up late so she can look into everyone's house and see what they're doing. Needless to say, the blinds on the windows that face her house stay closed.

This thread is great! And I thought I had some weirdos for neighbors...some of these stories are downright scary. As for my neighbors:

Across the street from me is the Gargoyle Lady. She has at least 12 gargoyle statues scattered about the front yard. I think they're multiplying. No flowers, no trees...just gargoyles.

To my right is a single mom with two young boys. They were pretty quiet til a month ago, when her boyfriend's *other* girlfriend discovered where she lived. I had my very own Jerry Springer show going on next door, complete with broken car windows, marathon screaming/cursing matches, and fist-fighting. Lovely. Boyfriend has since disappeared.

On my left are the worst neighbors I've ever had. Married couple with three kids...one nice little girl about 10, and two rotten little boys. Dad is never home, Mom does nothing but scream. At the kids, at the dogs, at the cats. All day long. The boys run wild. They've jumped my fence and stomped my veggie garden....throw soda cans, dog poo, candy wrappers, you name it into my back yard....and ride their bikes and four wheeler across my front yard. They also use my fence as a batting cage and my driveway as a skating ramp when I'm not home. They're military, so I'm waiting for the day they get transferred far, far away from me.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread