+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

No need to tell "M" about the couch. That would just make "M" mad without being able to do anything about it. But as a friend you might want to keep your eye open for any packages that get delivered there. If you're friendly with them then you can just go over there and say hello and let them know that "M" asked you to help keep an eye out for the package too. That might help to keep them honest if they know theres a chance you will know when the package arrives. I agree with bbnbama that the less you are involved the better.

I know what you mean about not wanting to get stuck in the middle. Somehow, I always manage to do that and don't know how! I wouldn't tell "M" about the couch. There's nothing she can do about it. I'd try to stay out of it as much as I possibly could and hope that things settle down.

Thanks, you guys! I'm glad I bit my tongue about the couch. That wouldn't have helped her feel any better. And she's knows I'll keep my eyes out for anything really strange, like wild parties, or if there's a fire or anything. My allegience is more to "M" than the renters at this point.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

I. HAVE. HAD. IT. WITH. MY. NEW. NEIGHBORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were quiet for the first 2 weeks and now the guy is out popping wheelies on the cul-de-sac and down the other street. We live on the corner and he has been going from his end of the cul-de-sac, around the corner and to the stop sign and back for the past 30 min. It's a dirt bike too. The streets are wet, I sure wouldn't be doing what he's doing. I went out and watched him ride the entire loop on his back tire. It's so loud. And 2 of our neighbors work nights and sleep days, so I'm sure they are THRILLED.

I hate to be the crappy neighbor that calls the cops, but I've had it. We have all the windows shut and you can't hear the tv over the roar of this bike. And its got the dogs all in a dither too.

I hate neighbors, I can't wait to move, I want acreage where I don't even have to SEE my neighbors! UGH!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm right there with you mrd. If I had the money, I'd live on top of the hill looking down at the rest of the city. I hate living in an apt because of hearing people talking through the walls, floors, etc. not to mention hearing them have intimate relations..........yuck! Can you call the cops mrd? Most cities have a noise ordinance and that would fall under that law.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2807748;
    I'm right there with you mrd. If I had the money, I'd live on top of the hill looking down at the rest of the city. I hate living in an apt because of hearing people talking through the walls, floors, etc. not to mention hearing them have intimate relations..........yuck! Can you call the cops mrd? Most cities have a noise ordinance and that would fall under that law.
    You sound like my husband but with one BIG difference. He wants to live on the top of a mountain and be totally self contained with a compound, fences, hydroelectric power, a cache of weapons and ammunition and enough food and stuff to survive global warming, nuclear war or whatever. I keep telling him that the FBI is going to have a file on him soon. I can see the headlines now: "The Waldo Militia".
    Of course his "plan" has me making all of our clothes and not only growing a vegetable garden, but canning the stuff as well. While he 'hunts" for our other food. I have told him that this is the new millinium and NOT the 1700's and I would love to have a nice place in the mountains, but I am NOT wearing camo and canning vegetables and "defending" my "compound" a la Ruby Ridge or Waco or something.

I think he's kidding. Partially anyway.

Oh mrd, we're not kidding!! lol.... we don't want to have anything to do with people anymore. Society has become horrible and it's just better to rely on yourself. Your husband and I would get along great! So would you and mr buglover!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2807906;
    Oh mrd, we're not kidding!! lol.... we don't want to have anything to do with people anymore. Society has become horrible and it's just better to rely on yourself. Your husband and I would get along great! So would you and mr buglover!!
    OK, you go to "Camp Waldo" and Mr. Buglover and I will visit and eat your canned veggies and Mr. Rosie's deer meat and bring news of the outside world.

I know how you feel as I would like to have a place to get away when I wanted too and my husband has always been a sort of loner type anyway. I know I have painted him as this paramilitary Rambo like weirdo redneck, but he's not totally. Really He can be very civilized and social when he wants too. But he thinks most people are idiots and would rather not be bothered by them. He really would be content to be alone like that. Me, I would crave people by the end of the 2nd day. I am a social butterfly except where my crappy neighbors are concerned.

lol...mr buglover loves people! He just took the position as the resident manager of our apt complex because of that. He's already talking to people about how he is going to enforce the rules and if they need anything just call. I'm saying, don't let them call! They might want to say hi or something! hahaha
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well I have a dream of having a place in the middle of a few acres with a moat full of ass eating alligators around it...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread