+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2760640;
    Tell the HOA to take a flying leap into the pool. You did not lose the key, and as such, you shouldn't have any liability for its loss.

If the HOA doesn't budge, I wonder if you could recover the cost of the new key from the previous owner . . . Small-claims court would certainly hear the case, no attorneys to muddy it up. If you end up on Judge Judy, wear a FoRT t-shirt so we all recognize you
    I can just see it now:

Judge Judy: Did you know you were coming to court today?

Veruka: Yes Ma'am.

Judge Judy: That's how you dress? Not in my courtroom.

Veruka: But it's my FORT T-Shirt!

Judge Judy: I don't give a rats behind what type of T shirt it is.

Judge Judy: (aside to Byrd): What's a FORT T shirt?

Byrd: Beats me.

Judge Judy: OY Vey! - Well anyway this case should be simple.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

That's the Judge Judy that I know and love. You captured it perfectly, gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2761900;
    That's the Judge Judy that I know and love. You captured it perfectly, gabriel
    Thanks and that's why I adore that woman.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

It's Sunday, football day and I have been woken up by my neighbors pouncing around their apartment. Every Sunday they have at least 15 people over to watch a game and they tend to jump up and down and scream at the top of their lungs as though no one else lives in the entire complex. I'm a little grouchy now because I really wanted to sleep in a bit. Oh well, the season is almost over and hopefully there will not be another excuse to hold parties every weekend until the season starts again.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I hope they're not NASCAR fans as the racing season starts in about 4 weeks. Not that I'm counting down to the Daytona 500.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2762949;
    I hope they're not NASCAR fans as the racing season starts in about 4 weeks.
    This was my thought as well. They may be sports fan in general where you won't get a moments peace but for your sake I hope not. We are somewhat like your neighbors in that we can get a bit loud when watching sports but generally try to not annoy anyone other than each other.

They are mainly football fans. He buys the DirecTv NFL league pass for the pre-season and season games. For the most part I am blessed with having a room next to their son who is very quiet and I have headphones for my tv.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;1633552;
    How are your neighbors?

Are they the nice, kind, thoughtful, considerate, courteous, helpful, trustworthy, supportive types, or are they the nasty, rude, inconsiderate, criminal, selfish, scary types?

They are pure evil and we still don't understand why. We went over when we first moved on the block and the woman just shut the door in our faces. It's a woman somewhere in her late 50's, her sister and the sister's teenage son. We just don't interact with them at all.

I spoke to my neighbor "M" (who moved to Kelowna) last night. She's having a few problems. She unwittingly became "friends" with the family who rented their home (next door to me) very quickly and now has to deal with a few things. My new neighbors have only paid half of their damage deposit, are behind in the rent, and have 3 dogs instead of 2dogs. They were to send post-dated cheques but are sending them month by month.

They are very nice people, but I didn't tell "M" that they just bought a brand new couch at a very nice furniture store. I was there for a visit a week or two ago, and the 3 dogs are very little, and one is very old. It was "M"'s fault not to get the post-dated cheques when she gave them the key.

"M" sent me a Valentines Day card, but I didn't get it. She put the wrong address on it! And, she ordered something from ebay recently, and gave her old address. So now the parcel is going to be delivered next door and not to Kelowna. So now she is depending on the renters to forward the parcel along once it has arrived. And she's asked if I know if they got something, even though the renters have told her nothing has arrived yet.

I don't want to be caught in the middle. The problems are between her and them, and I don't want trouble from either. I don't want my friend "M" to be taken advantage of, but I also don't want problems with the renters since there will be there till the fall.

Should I have told "M" that they bought a new couch? The renters would know the information came from me.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

IMO, I would stay out of the couch discussion misskitty......less you are involved, the better for you...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread