+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

MRD

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2734032;
    Wow, that is nice to make sure the animals are taken care of. My neighbors weigh less than I do, maybe 115lbs each yet they walk like elephants and it rattles my dishes in my cupboards. Each Sunday and Monday during football, they have at least 15 people over and they all jump up and down during touch downs and scream. Fun stuff! I've told the manager, but one of the problems is it's his son who is best friends with the person living there. Sigh.
    We had a heavy walker upstairs when my daughter was first born. This woman was tiny, but shook the whole house. No one was sleeping much and since I could hear her, I figured she could hear the baby, so if she woke the baby up, I let her hear her cry. But not too long, I'm not that mean a mom , but she finally moved out. I guess baby's crying at all hours tended to be too noisy. Oh well. She was noisy too and she used OUR washer and dryer without telling us. We found out she had a key to our apartment!!!! I ripped the landlord a new one about that and told her next time I was calling the police for tresspassing and breaking in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2734036;
    We had a heavy walker upstairs when my daughter was first born. This woman was tiny, but shook the whole house. No one was sleeping much and since I could hear her, I figured she could hear the baby, so if she woke the baby up, I let her hear her cry. But not too long, I'm not that mean a mom , but she finally moved out. I guess baby's crying at all hours tended to be too noisy. Oh well. She was noisy too and she used OUR washer and dryer without telling us. We found out she had a key to our apartment!!!! I ripped the landlord a new one about that and told her next time I was calling the police for tresspassing and breaking in.
    Oh myrosiedog that would freak me out! Using your stuff, coming into your home? Wow........I would have been much worse to the landlord. You showed amazing restraint.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2734039;
    Oh myrosiedog that would freak me out! Using your stuff, coming into your home? Wow........I would have been much worse to the landlord. You showed amazing restraint.
    The landlord told her it was ok without checking with us. Our laundry room was in a room that had the backdoor. But you had to have another key to get in the kitchen and rest of the house from the laundry room. She only had the key to the laundryroom.

I made sure EVERYONE knew it was NOT a community laundry, but OUR washer and dryer, our electric and our water bill. This was a 2 story house that had been converted to an upstairs and downstairs apartment. So it was just 2 apartments, but she was a piece of work, let me tell you. I've never heard anyone walk that loudly.

I had a newborn and was not sleeping, so let me tell you that both her and the landlord got an earful from me. I don't think I showed much restraint AT ALL.

Except maybe in not calling the police. My husband loaded up her wet and dry clothes when we got home and discovered this and dumped them on the stairs. He was not pleased either.

It seems like people will do anything to save a penny or two. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that your neighbor went into your apartment to use your washer/dryer, but that's so creepy.

I agree with everyone about calling the police when you see an abusive situation. The more aware the police are of a bad situation the better. I have a friend who used to work in a domestic violence shelter. And she told me that many of the women who came to the shelter often used that brief amount of time their boyfriend/husband was in police custody to make their escape.

MRD

To those of you with loud music playing neighbors. Here's an idea.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

For those of you with loud neighbors, has anyone ever tried tape recording them, or calling the police while they were making the racket to share the wealth of noise (so to speak)? I did that once when I was living off campus and the noisy ones were properly chastised. The later parties were only 1/2 the noise, I think because they found out I wasn't afraid to call the police.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

My neighbors behind me are driving me nuts and making me consider a ten-foot high solid fence. They are smokers and they smoke out on their back patio. That's all well and good BUT the way they do it creeps me out. On their patio, they have a big, round outdoors table and there are at least four chairs around it. Despite there being ample places to sit, they ALWAYS sit in the one chair that is positioned to look out into the yard and directly into my back room and my bedroom. It doesn't matter if it's the guy or the woman out there smoking, they just seemingly stare at my house the entire time they are smoking. Maybe they're just staring into space or watching the breeze, but it is ten kinds of creepy when I walk to the back room to get on the computer and it feels like they are watching me with their zoned-out zombie eyes. I used to complain about their dog always yapping at me when I was in the back room, but I'll gladly take the noisy dog over the creepy look. I think I've just reached critical mass on this, being at home for the holidays for so many days straight. Maybe I need to head to the lumber yard and get cracking.

Oh PhoneGrrrl that would creep me out too. I don't even like looking out the window of my apartment knowing there might be people out in the alley getting to their cars. They always seem to look up and I slink back into the shadows. Being home so many days definitely shows you how people are and what they do when you aren't around. I too went back to work so I don't have to listen to or see my neighbors creeping around.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2734652;
    My neighbors behind me are driving me nuts and making me consider a ten-foot high solid fence. They are smokers and they smoke out on their back patio. That's all well and good BUT the way they do it creeps me out. On their patio, they have a big, round outdoors table and there are at least four chairs around it. Despite there being ample places to sit, they ALWAYS sit in the one chair that is positioned to look out into the yard and directly into my back room and my bedroom. It doesn't matter if it's the guy or the woman out there smoking, they just seemingly stare at my house the entire time they are smoking. Maybe they're just staring into space or watching the breeze, but it is ten kinds of creepy when I walk to the back room to get on the computer and it feels like they are watching me with their zoned-out zombie eyes. I used to complain about their dog always yapping at me when I was in the back room, but I'll gladly take the noisy dog over the creepy look. I think I've just reached critical mass on this, being at home for the holidays for so many days straight. Maybe I need to head to the lumber yard and get cracking.
    Do you have curtains or blinds on the windows? It might be less expensive to shut the blinds than build a big fence. But I agree, that would creep me out a bit, even if I was pretty sure they weren't staring at me.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

PhoneGrrrl,maybe next time you should dance like Elaine did at the wedding on Seinfield.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread