+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Wow. After reading through this thread, I no longer feel like I'm the only one with crappy neighbors. Thanks for making me feel better everyone!

It's interesting to hear what everyone else has to go through.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I also forgot to add that the other tennants act as if they're the only ones living in the building and/ or as if they own it. Very inconsiderate folks.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Oh yeah! About the music, my sweetest neighbors (eldery couple of Czech descent), one time he decided to give them a taste of their own medicine and started blasting old fashioned POLKA music! It was so funny! He thought we weren't home and when he saw us on the porch laughing he was like oh sorry! And we were like no man! Great job! lol I want to blast some Britney Spears right back at them or something really insane but my mom is like no! If WE do something, we will get in trouble! The non-music blasting neighbors would call the cops on the annoying family all the time, but they have a police scanner and would turn it down before they came. Yeah, they were that serious about making sure their music got heard!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Wow. After reading through this thread, I no longer feel like I'm the only one with crappy neighbors. Thanks for making me feel better everyone!

It's interesting to hear what everyone else has to go through.
    That's exactly why I thought this would be a good idea for a thread -- it's good to know we're not alone in what we go through, and it's good to know things could always be worse.

I could use a place to vent about the bad neighbors I've had and also to focus on the good ones, too. I'll be back. . . .

One side I have this nice little family (I mean little, they are all short) 3 little girls, mom and dad who may be in their early to mid 30's. I think mom may be pregnant again.

Other side, rental home. 2 years of renters from h*ll. It was a group of ever changing people who all owned bad cars, one own a routwieler and just kept it tied on a rope in the garage with the gate wide open. They moved out, were replaced by a couple in their early 50's, who just moved out.

Accross the street is a lady who moved into her house when it was built in 1956. She is a good source of gossip. Everyone knows her and everyone tells her everything.
    There is a single woman in her late 40's next to her on one side. An older couple next to the nurse who have 3 grown children who move home now and then, about 6 dogs, and a zillion birds. But they are pretty nice, just a bit busy. One the other side of the old lady is a young guy who bought the house from his mom who is a friend of the old lady. He has a nice dog and mows his lawn and the old lady's lawn.

So that's my neighbors. My next door rental is empty and I hope it's rented to a couple or a family. I'm tired of the group of single people renting together.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Good thread idea Pom!

A while back, I finally decided that there will always be one weird neighbor. If you have other great neighbors, be thankful for that.

My favorite was a family we (sarcasm button on) affectionately called the "Simpsons"....three kids with one that looked like Opie but would cuss like a sailor for a 3 yr old and run around naked; they had a beautiful quiet daughter and then there was Robert (the oldest boy)...we would always hear "ROOOOOBBBBEEERRRRT" yelled outside for him to come home. This family of 5 would pile out of a small Datsun (remember those before Nissan?) followed by heaps of trash on cleaning day once a month...the Dad's truck was old, rusted and frequently worked on with spare auto parts lying around, but my favorite memory was a tie between him riding his prized motorcycle into his living room (which by the way, had no carpet, just the concrete) and the time we put an old lawn mower out with the trash. My peripheral vision caught him mowing with it one day with the smoke just billowing around him. One man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose.

My next move brought me to a house where I was surrounded by retirees and one family who had "inherited" the house from their parents. The house was old and decaying, but the real story was that the wall adjacent to my own home was the residence of a huge bee hive. I finally had enough of the bees when one day I couldn't have my AC worked on because the bees were swarming all around the worker to the point he had to leave. I called the HOA on them and finally one day, they had to take the wall down. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen to imagine people living with the amount of bees that had holed up inside their wall!

Now I have great neighbors....everyone has kids and they all play outside together; my children both have other kids within their age group. One neighbor had their house wrapped recently by mistake (they only have a 2 yr old) so we were teasing them about "there goes the neighborhood".....I should tell you, they are very prim and proper and maintain their home very well so for this to happen to them, it really bothered them! So the other night, a few of us were standing outside and they were gone and for fun, we wrapped their house again! It was so funny. Of course, being the lone single gal on our street, I have now named my street the "Desperate Housewives" section because I can't have anyone over to visit without someone else knowing about it. At least I'm somewhat glad to know they look out for me.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    Good thread idea Pom!

A while back, I finally decided that there will always be one weird neighbor. If you have other great neighbors, be thankful for that.

That's strange, because I don't have any weird neighbors... uh oh, that must mean I'm the weird neighbor!!

I've been pretty lucky neighbor-wise, except that the guy who lives above me has a very... shall we say... "active" social life, and his bedroom is right above mine. Other than that, I rarely see or hear my neighbors, and I'm okay with that.

SueEllen! Maybe it is you!

I sometimes wonder what my neighbors think of me, but then I realize that I don't care what they think as long as they're quiet! I don't want to know what kind of music they like, what they watch on TV, when or with whom they're having sex or when they have friends over because if I know any of those things it's because I can hear them!

Good news: I may have finally succeeded in getting rid of the punks downstairs from me. I was up late studying for an exam when they decided to break out the guitar and turn the amp up. If I'm up goofing off and they do that I'm still pissed, but it's just an irritation. If I'm trying to study... look out! I've reiterated my request to the management for a deaf, non-smoking nun with no TV, no pets and no friends (and no need to do missionary work amongst her neighbors!). Anyway, I'm sure these boys think I'm the Wicked Witch of the West, but I really don't care. All I know is that their parents (who cosigned on the lease) aren't going to be happy when they have to pay out the remaining 7 or 8 months of the lease!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member
    I live next to a church so their parking lot is my neighbor. My other neighbors are retired college professors. He ran the library and she taught English Lit, they were professors when I was in college so I knew them back then although I never took any of their classes. She used to have really long (like waist length) gray hair but she's cut it to shoulder length now. She's been nice the few times I've talked to her but she's kind of a spook. He is pretty nice too but they keep to themselves and are pretty quiet, and they travel some so there are times where they are not home for a week or two at a time. The window to their family room looks out into my back yard and when I'm out with my dogs at night I feel like they are watching me.

FORT Fanatic
    Oh God, where do I begin. I live in an apartment complex. 4 floors

4th floor-s&m lady, in her late 70's
    2nd floor-drunk, who comes to my door frequently in the middle of the night.
    2nd floor-guy who is running for mayor, very annoying, only nice because he thinks im going to vote for him & very strange by the way
    1st floor-lesbian couple who makes out in the hall(im gay so I told her it was nice to show affection to one another, but it still should be done in private)
    1st floor-gay black man, very nice, invited me over for a party
    2nd floor-both work at drug store, use to live in a hotel, she told me I was a cute, nice but odd couple
    1st-shirley, nice black lady
    1st--evelyn, great source for gossip(re:some of this post), her whole family lives there, daughter and grandauhter, and her great grandchilden-dauther has drinking problem, very nice to me
    2nd- girl I went to high school with, shoplifted at nordstroms though, hardly see her
    2nd-new couple moved in, normal(finally)
    4th floor-people in there 50's. I think there dating. Guys is very nice and always talk to me. Girlfriend is snobby or has no personality. I always wave to her when I run, never responds
    1st floor- lady works as a nurse(she says) but have seen target buttons on her shirt and also works at cvs. Also a smoker. Has massive nails.
    2nd floor-guy has OCD checks his car door, 8,000 times a day. And very paranoid. I wont even talk to him

I just noticed I have nothing about 3rd floor. Will have to talk to Evelyn

Me-2nd floor-Gay, enjoys running. Not sure, what my neighbors think of me. i overheard someone say I was nice

I could write a book.
    Last edited by jman79; 10-11-2005 at 08:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread