+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2637103;
    Oh, misskitty! I'm so happy for you. As most people know, good neighbors can make all the difference in the world. Wishing you lots of good times and peaceful days with your new neighbors.

Thank you! The lady of the house is really nice. Her name is Meneesha and works down the street at the spa, Urban Body. I haven't met hubby yet. I also met (over the fence) her three shiz tsu's. There is Bijou (male,10), Zsa Zsa (female - 9), and Chanel (female-3). They are so adorable! My kitts have not yet had the pleasure to see them or meet them.

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I just realized that my neighbors next door to me do not have shizhuhs; they have 3 maltese! Too cute! I met the husband, Jim, and they are thinking of buying the home in the next year or so. I am very happy!
    ----------------

I just saw a truck pull up and put For Sale signs up at my neighbors directly across the street from me! It's a big 2 story house that has been owned by a dentist. His wife left him several years ago for another man (it was shocking). He has lived there with his 2 daughters but they are now in university and it's too big a house for him anymore. He has a new girlfriend but she has not moved in so I guess they are selling and will buy something smaller for themselves. He was a very nice man and a good neighbor. I wonder what new neighbors I will get over there?

That will be three new neighbors within 6 months or so! Meowza!

What a relief! My neighbors across the street are not moving at all! Silly Me.

The signposts that were erected yesterday are not to hang a For Sale or Sold sign. Apparently, they are participating in the Christmas House Tour for charity that runs this weekend! There will be 5 houses this year, all in my neighborhood. But they keep the locations secret until the very day of the tours. People with tickets are allowed to view your home fully decorated for the holiday season. They are usually spectacular!

Lucky me. I was decorating the outside of my house for Christmas as it was a nice day. So all of the people who come to see the home across the street will see my little home looking a little Holiday-ish too!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My neighbors felt the need to park their trash in front of the door, i guess their arms would've been fractured had they(gasp!) gone all the way outside to throw it out.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Our dreaded neighbors have a 5 year old boy. Normally I like kids, but this one makes me want to do violent things. I cannot believe that a 5 year old can be this bratty and obnoxious. If we have our dogs out, he goes and gets his dogs and then they run into our yard and bark at our dogs and our dogs want to run in their yard and now we have a huge dog brawl going on and then his mother comes out and yells at us.

I've picked up her dogs and marched them back over there several times, but was nice about it. Now that the kid continues to do this, I'm not so sure I can continue to be nice. He does it on purpose. I know that this is the start of the Christmas season, and brotherly love and all that, but I've had it with this kid. It's not just the dogs, he throws his toys in our yard too. They are going to start becoming MY toys if he doesn't stop. I have not done anything because I keep thinking he's just a child. But I'm really starting to think that maybe his name is Damien and he's not just a child. ARGH!!!!!

We can no longer sit on our back patio and enjoy ourselves because as soon as we do, out he comes and starts doing stuff that is bratty and obnoxious. I've had to restrain my husband on several occasions, but its getting to where I need someone to restrain me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, that's why they say good fences make good neighbours. I guess that putting up a fence is not an option?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2688848;
    MRD, that's why they say good fences make good neighbours. I guess that putting up a fence is not an option?
    Unfortunately not. Our landlord won't let us put up a chain link fence because they are "ugly". We've had the opportunity to get several chain link fences free out of the paper. We are NOT paying to put up a privacy fence and she won't foot the bill either. I can't wait to move.

3 of the 4 houses on either side and across from us have changed hands more than once since we moved in 6 years ago. The 4th has teenagers who have loud outdoor parties until the wee hours when weather permits. One of them just died from a heroin overdose this summer, so you'd think that would quiet things down, but no. The most recent neighbors to the left moved in this time last year and I took them a poinsettia. She had me in for a cup of tea and a quick chat and then I never heard from her or saw her again. The newest neighbors across from me opened the door about 10 inches to receive a plant I took as a welcome gift. Never heard from them either (I gave both welcome cards with my name and phone number in case they needed anything). The newest neighbors to the right were never home when I tried taking something to them and have never said hello or waved when I've walked my dog by their house. Not the kind of neighborhood I grew up in in Ohio!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2688848;
    Here's the weird thing. THEY have a fence. Their entire backyard is fenced, but no one uses it. Not the kid, not their dogs, they all go out front where its not fenced. They have a huge backyard with no plants, flowerbeds, trees. Just grass and a fence. Not even a BBQ grill as its out front too. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2689371;
    Here's the weird thing. THEY have a fence. Their entire backyard is fenced, but no one uses it. Not the kid, not their dogs, they all go out front where its not fenced. They have a huge backyard with no plants, flowerbeds, trees. Just grass and a fence. Not even a BBQ grill as its out front too. Weird.
    These people are idiots, plain and simple. Well, as least as far as I'm concerned, anyway. I always consider my fenced in areas to be my private paradise - plants, ponds, sculpture, deck, chairs, table, umbrella and, first and foremost, PRIVACY. I will wave a little hello to any neighbour I see on my way out, but then, aaaaaaahhhhh, solitude with a book, a drink and a pair of cats. And maybe a husband.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread