+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2346642;
    maybe he just wants to hear your voice kat
    Oh. Yuck! Thanks so much for putting that thought into my head...

myrosiedog ... put it all in writing to the bad and copy your lawyer and the Sheriff's department. I don't mean your displeasure about the go-between-good-neighbor nonsense .. but about her attempts to poison your dogs.

If I were you I would be keeping a journal ... or at the very least, notes with dates and times. You never know about people like this.

As for the go-between-good-neighbor ... it's great that you two have worked things out to your satisfaction ... but you just might thank her for the bad meat information ... and then ask her if she will mind testifying against the bad neighbor.

I moved to this house/neighborhood about 2 1/2 years ago ... and I think the angels sent me here. I'm in a neighborhood where everyone talks and is ... well ... neighborly. I know if I had a problem I could call most anyone on this block and they would help. I locked myself out when I first moved in and I asked a neighbor if I could use her phone and the bathroom and she agreed but made me a BLT sandwich first ! I am blessed.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-24-2007 at 02:48 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

myrosiedog... I have this morbid curiosity of what would happen if you left a tin of cookies on The Baddy's porch.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

I've been writing it all down. As for the good neighbor, I don't think she would be willing to testify. She seems to be one of those that kind of stirs the pot, but backs down when things get hairy, if you know what I mean.
    My church friend from the sheriff's department says that unless they physically or verbally threaten us, or we have proof they poisoned the dogs, then there is nothing they can do at this time. Proof would be a vet's report and calling out the deputies to the scene to see the contaminated meat and its location.

Everyone in the neighborhood thinks the baddy's are getting ready to put their house on the market. The "signs" (not real signs yet) are there and a few things that were said to te good neighbor have us all hoping in the neighborhood they will be moving soon.

I like our neighborhood. It's quiet, its friendly. Some are friendlier than others, but that's fine. I've even made friends with Hummerhead finally. He invited me and my husband over to have a beer and he's actually really nice and so is his new girlfriend. Maybe the earlier problems with him had more to do with the old girlfriend than with him. AND they have 2 really cute dogs and they dote on them. I've always said that people that have animals can't be all bad. However, the baddy's have a dog.

After the ham episode, I can't help but think any homemade treat I took to the baddy's would be tossed out.

They are universally disliked by the entire neighborhood. Even the Vietnamese neighbors who keep to themselves complained about the kids kicking the soccer ball into the fence. Not only does it make a huge racket, but its torn up the fence which is sagging and broken the gate. According to Good neighbor P. , they are trying to make these neighbors pay for the repair to their side of the fence and the baddy's are saying its not their fence.

Anyway, things have quieted down and I just avoid that side of the house and ignore them when I see them. I don't think at this point, there is anyone, or anything that can make a difference there.

But I am keeping watch on my dogs and I am keeping a record.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2347142;
    I moved to this house/neighborhood about 2 1/2 years ago ... and I think the angels sent me here. I'm in a neighborhood where everyone talks and is ... well ... neighborly. I know if I had a problem I could call most anyone on this block and they would help.
    The neighborhood we just left was like that. I loved it a lot. Everyone was friendly and helpful, but not intrusive. The day after we moved in, we got welcome notes, food, wine or flowers from five different families. Our new neighborhood? Not so much. Everyone keeps to themselves, which I guess is preferable to a bunch of Gladys Kravitzes.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2347317;
    which I guess is preferable to a bunch of Gladys Kravitzes.
    The neighborhood in Florida we moved from had one of those. But she was only 26 years old and not middle aged like most of the "Gladys Kravitzes".

She knew and reported on absolutely EVERYTHING that happened. She brought us a plate of cookies when we moved in AND the non-emergency phone number to the police with the address of a house that had barking dogs so we could call and complain about them too. She was nice and we liked both her and her boyfriend, but she definetly had her "finger on the pulse" of the neighborhood.

I don't know, MRD, I think I would be inclined to make a batch of brownies (with a tinge of exlax added). With wonderful neighbors like that, who needs enemies? And no, I (really) wouldn't ever, never, add exlax. I like brownies too much!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2347399;
    I don't know, MRD, I think I would be inclined to make a batch of brownies (with a tinge of exlax added). With wonderful neighbors like that, who needs enemies? And no, I (really) wouldn't ever, never, add exlax. I like brownies too much!
    The thought has crossed my mind!

But I wouldn't do it either. I'm the kind of person that just the thought of what I COULD do is enough, I don't have to carry it out.

I do have an ex-lax story. A friend of mine used to take his lunch to work. They did not have lockers, but did have a "room" to keep their stuff in. Well his lunch started disapearing and he couldn't figure out who was taking it. So he made some nice ex-law brownies and put in his lunch. That was the LAST day his lunch was stolen AND he found out who was doing it. It was hard not to find out as that person spent the afternoon in the bathroom.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2347263;
    My church friend from the sheriff's department says that unless they physically or verbally threaten us, or we have proof they poisoned the dogs, then there is nothing they can do at this time. Proof would be a vet's report and calling out the deputies to the scene to see the contaminated meat and its location.
    You live inside the city limits, right? Because you would most likely have to call the police and not the sheriff's department. My husband is a deputy sheriff and they don't deal with anything inside the city limits, they handle all the county stuff and small towns that don't have police departments.

MRD, if someone was trying to poison my dogs, I would take my own pictures as well as documenting it in writing. I can't believe a person that owns a dog would do that to another person's dog! Do they even take care of their own dog? That just sickens me since I have seen a poisoned animal and how much they suffer.

+ Reply to Thread