+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 96 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

MRD

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2342349;
    Boy, MRD, drama sure does seem to follow you where you go.
    And I really wish it wouldn't. I need to find a voodoo witch doctor to lift my curse. I really do want to be left alone. Why can't I enjoy my own house and yard and not have to worry about some crazy idiot living next to me.

I know I must have something stamped on my forehead that only the weirdos of the world can read. Kind of like those stamps they used to use on your hands at the theme parks (and bars) that took a special light to see it once it was stamped on.

I really don't go looking for drama. It does find me. But my husband says that since I will talk to anyone, I invite a lot of weirdos into my life. I'm just being nice. In this case, I don't know what I did except move in next door to one. I haven't even talked to her.

My SIL says the same thing about my brother. Says if he'd quit talking to people that half the stuff that happens to him wouldn't happen. So it must be genetic and I can't help it.

Miss Kitty, wish you the best of luck with new neighbors. I'd ask the ones that are moving if they are going to rent to people with animals. Then you'd know and wouldn't have to worry all summer if they say no they aren't renting to people with animals. A lot of landlords do not like to rent to people with dogs as they thinki (and in a lot of cases its true) that dogs tear up things in the house and yard.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

I talked with the good neighbor this morning. She and I both apologized and she admitted that it is HER that has a problem with my dogs. They scare her.
    I told her I wish she had told me sooner. But she's been talking to the other neighbor and kind of feeding her about her fear of my dogs. I really don't understand it. I don't want too honestly.

We just agreed that she would be honest with me about what's going on, she would try to stay out of the middle of whatever problem the other neighbor has and she would work on the problem she has with the dogs, which she even admitted she doesn't know why as they are so small and friendly. I apologized and told her I hate to get in these type of situations with people and that I was sorry if my dogs had scared or offended her in any way and that I hope that I can work out my problems with the other neighbor, but it would help if she kind of didn't fuel it anymore.
    I asked her what I could do to help with my dogs so as not to cause her a problem and she doesn't know. So that's where we stand. I'm waiting still to talk to the other neighbor, but its probably better to wait when I'm less angry.

I'm telling you, my husbands "let's move to the mountains, build a bombshelter and stock up on ammunition, liquor and cigarettes in preparation for the world to end (barter the liqour and cigarettes for other things as money will be no good in his new little world. ) and have no neighbors, but live off the land and be self-suffient" dream is starting to sound less crazy and better to me by the minute because it involves NO neighbors!!!!
    I'm going to end up like some crazy Appalacian women with a shotgun on top of some remote mountain and "warnin' folks to git offn' my land".
    (kind of like Roussou on "Lost": Alone, with a gun, in the woods and not wanting any neighbors). OMG, where IS my therapists phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I just found out that my elderly neighbor on the north side of me just sold to a numbered company. Who is a numbered company anyway? Renovations are expected which mean noise and stuff to watch.
    misskitty, the buyer is probably a "flipper", if they're renovating, so they'll likely fix what needs fixing and update everything, and put the house on the market.

mrd, even if your dogs are the sweetest, friendliest animals in the world, there are people that will be afraid of them. My mom is petrified of all dogs, even ones she knows. She's even nervous around my cats.

Perhaps your neighbour would feel better if you kept them on chains, since there's no fence? She may be afraid to ask you to do that. If they don't wander off your property anyway, a long rope or chain shouldn't bother them too much. Then after you have the opportunity to build your fence, you get rid of the chains.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2343084;
    mrd, even if your dogs are the sweetest, friendliest animals in the world, there are people that will be afraid of them. My mom is petrified of all dogs, even ones she knows. She's even nervous around my cats.
    My father was bitten by a dog when he was little and he's still not wild about dogs. Mrd, your dogs could be the sweetest in the world and your neighbor may still be scared of them. At least you guys talked and got things out in the open. I still think the whole spoiled food thing is horrid though; her judgment clearly is not the best.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2342984;
    I'm telling you, my husbands "let's move to the mountains, build a bombshelter and stock up on ammunition, liquor and cigarettes in preparation for the world to end (barter the liqour and cigarettes for other things as money will be no good in his new little world. )
    Have you seen Blast From the Past? The two of you would be Sissy Spacek and Christopher Walken
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I live on a corner, so I only have one neighbor to my left and none to my right..lol. The neighbor on my left...she and I have been friends for a long time, but we lost touch for a few years. Until we looked at this house. She was a big selling point for this one because good neighbors are very nice to have. We have cook outs with her family (they have a 6th grade boy and a 17 year old girl) and we help each other when needed. We even have keys to each others homes for emergencies and vacations and such. They aren't loud, either. I don't really know my other neighbors very well. The chief of police lives across the street. Anytime my boys have more than 2 friends over, he calls to make sure I'm home and know about it. I feel like telling him to mind his own damn business.

I once had an elderly neighbor who made it a point to tell me her brother died in my apartment. Yikes! Of course, I blamed his ghost any time I misplaced my keys...

The worst neighbors I ever had...were filthy. You could smell their apartment in mine. It was awful. I always had candles lit and Glade on hand. Plus, one very cold, rainy day...I got a knock on my door from an irate lady holding their 2 year old. She thought I was his mother. Apparently, she had found him wearing nothing but a very saturated diaper wondering around on the busiest street in town. I pointed to their door and said " I think he belongs to them." They didn't even realize he was gone. I realize taking care of three kids isn't always easy (I have 3, myself) but Jeez! That was the one and only time I've ever called human services on anyone.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2343531;
    I live on a corner, so I only have one neighbor to my left and none to my right..lol. The neighbor on my left...she and I have been friends for a long time, but we lost touch for a few years. Until we looked at this house. She was a big selling point for this one because good neighbors are very nice to have. We have cook outs with her family (they have a 6th grade boy and a 17 year old girl) and we help each other when needed. We even have keys to each others homes for emergencies and vacations and such. They aren't loud, either. I don't really know my other neighbors very well. The chief of police lives across the street. Anytime my boys have more than 2 friends over, he calls to make sure I'm home and know about it. I feel like telling him to mind his own damn business.

I once had an elderly neighbor who made it a point to tell me her brother died in my apartment. Yikes! Of course, I blamed his ghost any time I misplaced my keys...

The worst neighbors I ever had...were filthy. You could smell their apartment in mine. It was awful. I always had candles lit and Glade on hand. Plus, one very cold, rainy day...I got a knock on my door from an irate lady holding their 2 year old. She thought I was his mother. Apparently, she had found him wearing nothing but a very saturated diaper wondering around on the busiest street in town. I pointed to their door and said " I think he belongs to them." They didn't even realize he was gone. I realize taking care of three kids isn't always easy (I have 3, myself) but Jeez! That was the one and only time I've ever called human services on anyone.
    I'm sure the chief of police has seen and heard things that would make us all rattle in our socks, so calling you about your boys I think is nice of him. He's trying to make sure you know and prevent anything bad happening. I actually would feel good about him doing that AND having the chief live across the street. At least you can feel safer with him there.
    I lived in a small town and was able to roam around with my friends on bikes all over it. Different time. But, if I did ANYTHING wrong, I could bet that 3 people had called my mother about it before I got home on my bike and I got in trouble. I hated it then. I think its a wonderful idea now. Knowing that other people are watching out and concerned for your kids is a good feeling.

It is a good feeling, most of the time. But when my car is parked in the driveway, and he can see I'm home...it leads me to believe he is being nosy...lol

maybe he just wants to hear your voice kat
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

My neighbors? Moving, apparently. I came home to a moving truck next door. I'll miss them. I never spoke to them, but they were quiet and left me alone. My favorite kind of neighbor.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread