+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

I have had a mix bag when it came to neighbors lol. Now we have a hispanic couple to the right of us, and a gay couple to the right of us. The gay couple are cool. One of them has been living there longer than we have lived in this house, (way befor he was one half of "the gay couple next door" that's a looooooong story). My dog adores them. Whenever Mo is chained outside for his potty breaks, if he sees them, he runs over to the fence and does his "give me attention!" whine. They always come and play and pet him.

The neigbors on the other side are ok. Mostly quiet. Unless it's a sunny weekend. Then they have HUGE parties. With loud music. Playing for HOURS. Do you know how hard it is to fall asleep at 10 pm when you have to be up at 5 am the next morning, when mariache music is blaring with the base turned ALL the way up?

The neigbors befor them were psycho. The husband and wife got into a fight one night, and the wife backed over the husband with their truck. My parents happened to be arriving home at this time from someplace (this was at Midnight, also), and called the cops. The husband didnt press charges, because "he loved her." I am also upset at this couple because the cut down this HUGE beautiful willow tree that was on the edge of both our properties. It shaded most of our yards, and kept the house cool in the summer. And they also painted the house primer white. I dont think they even used paint. Just primer. And today, the house is STILL white. White houses are fine, but this one doesnt even have a colored trim!

My dog at one time also use to always escape his leash. One time he escaped, and I chased him up to the corned of the block. There, he ran into the house there.. who had their door WIDE open. They had a screen door, but that was opened too. The guy came out and yelled about the dog runing into his house again. I said this was the first time he had ever run into a strange house. The guy grumbled and said a dog looking like my Mokie ran into his house befor. As I put the dog's leash back on, i said,"well, maybe you shouldnt keep your door wide open anymore." I just turn and left befor the guy could say anything.

A lady a few doors down had a lot better sense of humor about it. Mo use to squeeze into her back yard and run around. i would have to open her gate and get him. i was walking him one day, and she said,"oh, so that's what Mokie looks like when he's on his leash."
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

I am so angry right now, you can probably see the steam coming off my keyboard as I type this.
    The "bad" neighbor told the "good" neighbor that she had deliberately put out spoiled food for my dogs to get (the ham, I am guessing). I don't know why, my dogs do not go in her yard, they are never out alone, never allowed to roam the neighborhood and don't bark and cause problems like some of the other dogs in the neighborhood do. We pooper scoop too, even though they go in our yard (hey, I don't want that in my yard either, ya know?)

Let me preface this next bit with the fact that I have another cold. I feel like my head is stuffed full of cotton and a linebacker is sitting on my chest, so I really don't feel good. Add in a 6 foot wide CRATER in my front yard and days of city workers out there, blocking the street, cutting the phone and cable lines and just generally making noise. I can't let the dogs out while they are present. So I'm cranky ok?

When the "good" neighbor told me this, I just flat out asked her why she was being the "go between" and just exactly what was her role in all this neighborhood drama. Did she have a problem with me? the dogs? Or what?
    I think I really surprised her and I probably wouldn't have been so point blank if I just didn't feel like poop. She stammered out a "well, I....uh,......."
    I said: "look, I'm not trying to make you mad, but its best if you stay out of it. If she has a problem with me, and comes to you, you need to tell her to come to me and leave you out of it, unless you like stirring the pot, because otherwise, I can't figure out why you're even talking to her if all you've told me about her is true". She was stunned and later called me apologizing profusely.
    I just don't feel like being in a 3 way high school style neighborhood problem of she said, she said.
    And yes, I intend to go over tonight when "bad" neighbor gets home and give her a piece of my mind as well. I'm going to tell her that if she puts out spoiled food in the hopes my dogs will eat it, I will not hesitate to call the police and press cruelty to animal or whatever charges. My dogs have done nothing to her and I don't know what her problem is with me, but I'm just over the entire thing.
    Until we get our lease/option agreement signed, we can't put up a fence. But when I do, its going to be a big, high privacy one.
    And I just can't figure out why "bad" neighbor is acting like this. We've not done anything to them.
    But I think that "good" neighbor has learned not to stick her nose in where it doesn't belong either.

Off to take some of that good cold medicine that makes me sleepy so I won't want to kill the other neighbor when she gets home (but I have a huge hole in my yard where the body can go if it happens. And even though I am cranky, I took brownies out to the city workers this morning, so they'd probably help me hide the body. -I hope everyone knows, I'm just kidding right? )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

my goodness, myrosiedog! You have me engrossed... you must tell us what happens! Nobody messes with the RosieDog and her doggies!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't know, mrd, seems like you came down on the good neighbor a bit hard for this one---I mean if you knew someone was poisoning someone's dogs wouldn't you tell the owner? Aren't you glad you know? I know this may be a bit of a problem with the good neighbor as a pattern, but this one time I think it was certainly justified that she tell you. You want her to tell you if the bad neighbor decides to burn your house down and spills the beans to the good one, right? Maybe when the cold meds kick in you should call the good neighbor and try to explain what you do and don't want to know...?
    But I agree with SuperBrat--inquiring minds want to know, what happens next with the bad/awful neighbor...really I think she's broken the law already. Frankly I kind of wondered about this when you first mentioned the ham story, when you said she always keeps her dog indoors--so there was no danger her own dog would eat it.

MRD

I probably should't have said what I did to the neighbor, but while she is a good neighbor, she is somewhat of a pot stirrer and I'm tired of having to hear news 2nd hand.
    If it were me, I'd have told the first neighbor, go talk to the other neighbor, I am not getting involved. I hate that crap. I'd much rather talk directly to the person with a problem than to have to have a 3rd party involved.

I plan to apologize to my good neighbor when she gets back home this evening. But I do plan to talk to the other one too. This has gotten ridiculous. I don't know what we've done to make her mad (from what it sounds like, nothing, they are and have been t his way a long time before we moved here).

I just generally dislike the whole she said, he said, kind of high school style crap that's getting pulled on me and that's what both of them are doing.
    The "good" neighbor isn't necessarily informing me out of the goodness of her heart. I truly think she wants to cause a confrontation or she'd have not gotten involved in the first place. She claims to "hate" the neighbors, has told me "horror" stories about them, but continues to talk to her. She tells me, how much she dislikes them and hates to have any contact, but yet, she continues to do so. So what am I supposed to think?

I'm generally a nice person. I don't like confrontation either, but I am cranky today and I don't want to be involved in this. I have always been, if I have a problem, I go to the source, I don't go around telling everyone but the source I have a problem. And well, it just got on my last nerve today. I know that doesn't make it right, but I do intend to apologize.

MRD

tried to catch the neighbor coming out. She RAN to her BMW and got inside, locked the doors and practically burned rubber trying to get out of her driveway.

I'm so over this. I'm taking my Nyquil and going to bed.

But I do know someone at church that works for the Sheriff's Dept., so I'm going to ask her if we can take any sort of legal action. I don't think we can, but I'll ask.

I WILL speak to her one way or the other. She is NOT going to threaten my dogs and get away with it. At this point, I may type a note and put in her door. Nothing threatening, nothing I can get in legal trouble for, but asking her why she doesn't just talk to me and leave the other neighbor out of it.

I vant to be left alone. ALONE!!!! Why can't they all just leave me alone?
    Seriously, we are good neighbors and we are quiet neighbors. Just quit causing problems and leave me alone, or I may have to break out the big speakers and the Black Sabbath CD!

I Is Stephanie

Ooh!!! BLACK SABBATH!!!

But seriously, that is possibly the worst thing I've heard all day. Deliberatly put out bad meat? I don't know, but it sure sounds like there's something illegal about that...and that she's running from you...gah that's frustrating!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Boy, MRD, drama sure does seem to follow you where you go.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Sorry to hear about your neighbor troubles, mrd. Just be careful that you don't inadvertently do anything that she can twist around and claim you were stalking her.

myrosiedog: Sorry to hear of your neighbourly or rather un=neighbourly problems. I hope your doggies are safe and that whoever is putting out the bad meat is caught.
    ----------------------
    I just found out that my elderly neighbor on the north side of me just sold to a numbered company. Who is a numbered company anyway? Renovations are expected which mean noise and stuff to watch. The original owner had stopped living there for at least a year but kept visiting and had it well maintained. So Gracie and Mr. Tootles were able to jump the fence and play around the extra yard. No more of that kinda fun.

THen I just heard from my neighbors to the south that they are going out to BC to look for a job and place in the Fraser Valley. Taking advice from many of us, they are not selling yet, and will rent to someone. Now, who might someone be? Rottweillers?

I will be having a somewhat nervous summer seeing what happens on both sides of me. I hope they are all nice people who will love me and my kitties.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread