+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

They almost sound like the idiots next to me. Learn to ignore them, and save up for a privacy fence. People like that just aren't worth getting stressed over.

I do enjoy going out to cut my grass when she washes her SUV, however. Dust and grass everywhere.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

She could also have some mental issues that you wouldn't want to tangle with.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2317503;
    I don't think we want to see MRD as a Current Events topic - "Woman hires teen thugs to bully neighbours". .

No, I've actually been a headline once and don't EVER plan to again. But that was a LONG time ago.

Thanks for the advice guys. I pretty much ignore her now (except to stare back when she glares at us), but it just gripes me she is running her mouth about stuff she has no idea about. But the other neighbors do know her. We've been invited to neighborhood cookouts and they are NOT invited. Her other neighbors are vietnamese and dont' speak English well, so she has no one on either side of her that speaks to her and the rest of the street and the side street neighbors have her number too. Obviously because they told us what she said and they even knew it wasn't true.

Since we have lived here (August),their house has had one shutter hanging off and leaning against the house. The gate to the fence is hanging from one hinge. 2 of the 4 glass windows in the garage door are broken. They don't rake, fall leaves are still in their yard, they don't do anything. Toys clutter up the front. The house is green with mold and fungus outside and needs to be pressure washed. The gutters are falling off because they are so full. One is hanging down on our side and yet they both drive BMW's. Which I know doesn't mean crap. But for god's sake, if you want to look pretentious (which is how she acts), then clean up your house because your cars (and you) don't impress me.

Steph, thanks for the offer, but I live with enough teenage trouble as it is. Don't send Eric!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

You're not going to be able to change her mind about her preconception of you -- and she's already gone to the trouble of lying about you... I would just cheerily wave to her and smile when I saw her and just leave it at that. Most likely, it'll just annoy her to no end to see that she doesn't bother you. As for her lies, no one who matters will believer her. Just continue to be your friendly fabulous self to everyone else and you'll be fine!

We got new neighbors and I brought cookies over for them and I think they like the cookies better than me but I don't really care. As long as they don't bother me. (I just miss my old neighbors--they were just wonderful.)

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2319845;

No, I've actually been a headline once and don't EVER plan to again. But that was a LONG time ago.

Thanks for the advice guys. I pretty much ignore her now (except to stare back when she glares at us), but it just gripes me she is running her mouth about stuff she has no idea about. But the other neighbors do know her. We've been invited to neighborhood cookouts and they are NOT invited. Her other neighbors are vietnamese and dont' speak English well, so she has no one on either side of her that speaks to her and the rest of the street and the side street neighbors have her number too. Obviously because they told us what she said and they even knew it wasn't true.

Since we have lived here (August),their house has had one shutter hanging off and leaning against the house. The gate to the fence is hanging from one hinge. 2 of the 4 glass windows in the garage door are broken. They don't rake, fall leaves are still in their yard, they don't do anything. Toys clutter up the front. The house is green with mold and fungus outside and needs to be pressure washed. The gutters are falling off because they are so full. One is hanging down on our side and yet they both drive BMW's. Which I know doesn't mean crap. But for god's sake, if you want to look pretentious (which is how she acts), then clean up your house because your cars (and you) don't impress me.

Steph, thanks for the offer, but I live with enough teenage trouble as it is. Don't send Eric!

Aw, fudgee. How do I tell my gym class that he's going to have to stay? They'll kill me! I don't want to die!

So they drive Beemers, but live in a run-down house? That doesn't make any sense... At least it's good that the other neighbors don't believe her, that can only mean good things.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan;1944218;
    On one side we have a family of five, they're nice, but kind of icy, particularly the mother. I think they think that we're trashy.

On the other we have a family of four. I'm friendly with them, but something isn't right. The daughters are never allowed to leave the house, and everyone seems very afraid of the father.
    Hope the dad is not abusing the daughters....

I am ever so happy with my neighbours, which is such a pleasure after the neighbours we endured for seventeen years before we moved here three years ago. The neighbours to the north are environmentally friendly (something we have in common) and just regularly friendly and their teenage kids are a delight - one is an artist and the other practices his trumpet every night. That may not sound great to a lot of people, but I actually love listening to the sound of a trumpet wafting about on a humid summer evening as I sit on the deck drinking a G&T. It makes me feel like I'm in New Orleans. Our brand new neighbours to the south (the charming old woman who spoke no English moved in with her son this winter) are an animal loving gay couple (who are also environmentally and regularly friendly) with a penchant for a wild garden, which I love. They have two adorable dachsunds who come to greet us at the fence near the bike shed every night, where they eagerly await my "hola Dino, hola Nina" (they're from Cuba), a coop full of pigeons (I love the sound of cooing and their poop is contained - what could be better), and a wonderful Siamese cat named Mishka who comes to visit our boys every day. She does a wander about the house, checking everything out and rubbing against our legs like she belongs here. It has become an even greater pleasure than ever to come home every evening.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Rattus, that post just shows how much is in the heart of the beholder. I can easily see people getting upset by the trumpet noise, the rats attracted to the pigeon food, the invasive cat in their allergen free house, etc., etc. I love the way you turn all the potential negatives into positives!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2320175;
    Rattus, that post just shows how much is in the heart of the beholder. I can easily see people getting upset by the trumpet noise, the rats attracted to the pigeon food, the invasive cat in their allergen free house, etc., etc. I love the way you turn all the potential negatives into positives!
    Another positive. Rats - the boys' favourite snack.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2316576;
    We have neighbors next to us that are unspeakably rude. We've tried to be friendly and they just ignore us. Now I have found out from the neighbors that live behind us that have become friends that she is telling this neighbor stuff about us that is not true. She has never even spoken to us so I don't know how she can tell the other neighbor that she has had converstions with us and that we have been verbally abusive, etc. Fortunately the other neighbors have lived here much longer and they have experienced her first hand for several years and didn't believe her.

I am wondering should I say anything, let it go or what? I'd love to put up a privacy fence, but that isn't an option at this time. I don't want to have a neighborhood fued either, but she now stands at her door and watches us when we are outside. (they also all came out and watched us when we were moving in. Just stood there and watched, never waved or said hello or anything. We waved and they turned around and went back inside).

I know this is immature, but when I catch her standing at her door watching us, I move to that side of the yard and stand there and stare back until she closes her solid door (we all have clear glass storm doors and solid wooden doors behind them. She stands at the storm door in full view).

Any advice? Oh and the other neighbors have called code enforcement on them in the past because they do NOT take care of the exterior of their house or their yard. It looks horrible and they don't mow. I can't figure out why she has such a problem with us. We are outside often with the dogs and working in the yard or sitting on our patio, which is in full view of the front of their house as its set back much farther from the street than our house.

You could "moon" her !

Seriously, I think the suggestion to "kill her with kindness" is the best idea.
    When she's staring at you through the door, wave and say "Hi ! Would you like to join us for a lemonade (or whatever ).In traffic, when someone lays on their horn. I simply wave, smile and pretend I know them. Avoids road rage.

These kind of tactics can be disarming while staring back at her seems more confrontational and playing into her game.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread