+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race For The Cure

Race For The Cure

Anyone want to join me??? Go to www.komen.org to register for a race in your area.
    Support for Hurricane Relief Efforts:
    The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is very saddened by the devastation left in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. We have designated up to $1 million to support the rebuilding efforts of non-profit institutions and providers of breast health and breast cancer care in areas affected by the hurricanes, as well as to provide funding to organizations offering patient services in communities responding to the needs of displaced populations.
    I'll be racing in Dallas on Oct.15th. A friend asked me to race with her so I figured I'd do it for Gutmutter and many others like her who are truly an inspiration. Oct.9th is the last day to register for the Dallas race. Anyone in this area who'd like to join me and race for Gutmutter, PM me for the details.

By the way, when I say I''ll be racing, I don't mean running! My big butt will probably be the last one dragging across the finish line!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 10-06-2005 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added informational text from link
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    That's great, lildago. I'll check into it.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I didn't post that quote. Not sure where that came from.

I volunteered last year with my student organiztion and am currently wearing my old volunteer shirt right now lol (I use it as a sleep shirt). I helped with the Kid's Corral, which is a whole site dedicated to children of the victims and survivors and it was unbelievably fun!!! It is definitely a great organization to participate in.

Aw, thanks, lildago. You're so sweet and kind. You have so much going on right now with the move and the kids. It is awesome that you're doing this, too.
    Count your blessings!

Trust me, I need something else to do besides pack boxes and chase kids (love my kids but need an occasional break). The really cool thing about all of this is that family and friends can "sponsor" me in the race by going to the website and making donations. I didn't know this when I registered and entered my fundraising goal as $100. I paid my $30 registration fee and the remaining $70 myself. All proceeds go to The Susan G. Komen Foundation. My only regret is that I didn't register sooner so I'd have more time to raise more money!!! Now that I know, I'll start earlier next year!
    I encourage any of you who want to participate to find a race in your area and register!

The race was so much fun! My 4yo raced with me and had the time of her life! We've decided to make it a tradition and do this every year! I was worried about her going the entire 3 miles but she was a trooper! She could have probably gone another 3 miles. The really great news is we raised $1000 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation and breast cancer research. When I registered, I set my fundraising goal at $100. Man, did I underestimate people's generosity and willingness to support the cause! I'm posting a few pics and will try to post more later.

Great job, lildago. Is that your daughter in the pictures? She is adorable.

That is awesome lildago. Seeing Gutmutter on your shirt sleeve made me tear up.

Premium Member
    lildago - you are amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast