+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Will you marry me?

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    What great stories!! Congrats Mr. Dob!

Funny you should ask today, since it is my 9th anniversary

We had dated for a little over 3 years and had lived together for about 11 months. I had always said I didn't want to live together more than a year without an engagement, but I'm not an ultimatum person, so I wasn't worried because I knew in my heart we were headed toward marriage.

One Sunday morning, he asked me if I wanted to go to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (it was December 18, 1994). I said sure but he said make sure to put my contacts in (didn't think twice about it, but he said he did it because I hate pictures of me in my glasses. LOL). We headed down to the city and were wandering around looking at the sights. We got under the tree and were talking about how the year before it came from our town, yada yada yada - just small talk. He asked me if I loved him. I said sure do! He said, "do you love me enough to wear this?" as he slipped the ring out of his pocket. I nearly died because I usually know everything because I'm so nosey - I'm hard to surprise. So I ripped off the ring I was wearing and put on the engagement ring. He said "does that mean yes?" I realized I never answered him!!! I finally said yes and cried my eyes out. We went to Dean & Deluca for coffee (you can see it in the background of the Today Show all the time). We wandered around NYC a bit more looking at the windows at Saks but I really wanted to get home to show everyone. We did stop to buy 2 angel ornaments that we hang on our tree every year.

It really was magical. And today we're celebrating 9 years of wedded bliss with 1 daughter and 1 bambino on the way. Life is good
    What a coincidence, MaryBeth, my husband and I were also engaged at Rockefeller Center at Christmastime, and our anniversary is just a couple days after yours! I'm sure I don't have to tell you that there's just something so special about NYC during the holidays--there really is magic in the air. And I love that I frequently see Rockefeller center on TV and movies, because it always reminds me of our own special night there.

The night Mr. Snowman proposed is a story that he tells much better, however, I will say it was a complete surprise to me. I thought we were just going to dinner, and I was wondering why he was so tense and uptight that we didn't get the particular table he wanted (there's a restaurant by the skating rink in Rockefeller Center where you can see the whole place, especially the big, beautiful Christmas tree). So we had to wait for the table he HAD to have, and I was just hungry, so when he asked me to close my eyes, I expected to find a big, juicy piece of prime rib or something when I opened them up.

Instead, when I did open my eyes he had a little jewelry box out and he made a very touching speech while I freaked out and hyperventilated. He picked out the ring (like I said, this was all a complete surprise to me, although I would find out later that everyone in our families knew but me), but even if I didn't shop for it with him, it was exactly something I would have chosen for myself (he's always been really good at selecting things he knows I'd like). Well, of course I said yes! And now, after five years of marriage, things are going so well, we're going to renew our vows this month.

Congratulations to everyone in this thread celebrating their own engagements and anniversaries.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ahhh, the Siskiyous. If I had a map handy I'd know for sure if we're going over them on our trip to Crater Lake etc. this weekend.

We hid him moving in with me for awhile - make sure the bedroom door is closed so your dresser doesn't show. He was moving out of the house he shared with the soon-to-be-ex anyway, might as well have been with me instead of the best friend. I'm still not sure what my parents know about when - I really don't think they know I'm the 5th instead of the 3rd that I finally broke down and explained to them -1: the mother of of his son, 2: the woman he was divorcing.

I'm just happy he was willing to give it another go.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    *bump* followed by *gulp*

Well, I think lightning struck this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm really awake or if I have been possessed and this is not really me posting this. *pinch* *pinch*

My sweetheart and I hosted a group of friends and kiddos on our boat this weekend for "Yachty Gras"...a boat parade of sorts where you decorate your boat with lights and throw beads to people along the boardwalk.

Well, our grand plans encountered rain all day, cancellations among friends, kids asking "when do we throw beads" every other minute, camera battery dying, making sure guests were happy and everyone was in a safe spot on the boat, etc. To put it simply, it was the perfect example of the chaos of "life" in action.

As we started our trip to the parade, we made a right turn, instead of a left turn into the channel and no other boats were around. In my nervousness, I asked my honey "oh, I think we're too early...should we turn around?" He said "don't worry". While I was sitting next to my son and looking into the crowd, I noticed some people holding up signs that read "UROK" (which is a little joke between us) so excitedly, I said "hey look honey! They're holding a sign that says UROK!" Then as we were looking, the signs flipped over and somewhere between night blindness, blond moments and sheer shock, he said "can you even read that?" Must have been the confused look on my face :duh So he read it with me...it said "Hey Boss! (my boat nickname) Will you marry Captain (his boat nickname) Igotasweetheart?" I think my face went from confused, jaw dropping open, to tears of joy, to more shock and ear to ear smiles in one minute flat.

He is the man I have always dreamed of and I knew the minute he walked into my life, I had been blessed.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Oboy, I get to be the first to congratulate you!

Is this the lucky guy we met in Vegas? I'd bet all my chips that he's The Man because you two looked perfect for each other (as they say in Bachelor speak ). Congratulations, Igotaplanaweddingnow. It couldn't happen to a more beautiful (inside and out) person. Woot!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

WOW!! Igotalife - what a GREAT proposal!! Congratulations to you and your family. Your sweetie sounds like a keeper!
    Blessings to you!

!!!! I'm so thrilled for you Igotengaged!!! Whoohoo. What a great proposal too. Kudos to the lucky guy!

Congratulations, Igotalife!!!

Congrats, Igotalife!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Your man did a good job! Congratulations!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Congratulations! How romanticky.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread