+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Will you marry me?

Me too! Why am I on this thread ! My ex cheated on me with the ho he is now married to! Let's make a new thread - JERKS THAT YOU THOUGHT WERE INTO YOU BUT MARRIED SOMEONE ELSE~
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Mr. Marleybone proposed to me in bed.
    Is that the story you told the parents?

I have never been proposed to. I guess that's not such a bad thing, as I have never dated anyone I would want to marry. I'm still hopin' I love reading these stories. Great idea for a thread, Igotalife. (and to answer your question, that wouldn't be legal in my state and I like men, so, ummm, no. I hope you aren't too hurt. )

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Let's make a new thread - JERKS THAT YOU THOUGHT WERE INTO YOU BUT MARRIED SOMEONE ELSE~
    You can use the Relationship Challenged thread. I was hogging it for awhile but it's free these days.

Igotanideaforathread, great subject. I have loved reading everyone's propsals.

Happy Anniversary, Ana. You and Mr. Ana make such a beautiful couple.

PGM35, your ring sounds stunning. I love that you have the sapphires included in it.

Mr. Roses' proposal wasn't particularly unique or creative (at the beach after a nice dinner out), but it was certainly a surprise for me (we had dated for two years). He was accepted into an upper-graduate program in another state, and I thought we'd be doing some long-distance visiting. Obviously he had other ideas. He chose the diamonds for my ring himself, and designed it entirely on his own. I had never even thought about diamonds before (honestly), so I didn't have an opinion one way or the other about what my 'ideal ring' would look like. My ring is absolutely gorgeous, and I love it. He did a great job.

I've mentioned this somewhere before, but we planned our wedding, prepared two houses to be rented out, found a new place to live in the other state, and moved...all within six weeks, while working full-time. That was 23 years ago, and we not only still love each other, but we still like each other. Of course, we still get on each other's nerves from time to time, but that's all part of the package deal.
    Last edited by roseskid; 10-07-2005 at 12:43 AM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    Is that the story you told the parents?
    Nope. In fact, we went to a lot of trouble to hide the fact that we were living together. Once when my parents came to visit for the weekend, I had to go stay at my apartment with them so they wouldn't be suspicious. Imagine my state of panic the next morning when I realized that almost all of my clothes were at his house. I was 26 years old so it all seems so silly now.

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    My ex kept my engagement ring... and now his wife has my engagement ring
    That happened to me once. There was a guy I knew in high school and college that was engaged and she broke it off and returned the ring. We dated briefly after that and one night he got down on one knee and proposed with the used ring. I was laughing so hard I almost choked and then chewed him out for using a used turned down ring. Also chewed him out for thinking I would marry him after about 3 weeks of dating even though we knew each other for awhile. Clearly the relationship didn't last, but I ended up a year later dating his frat boy roommate who I later married.

The funny thing is, found out he used the same engagement ring for his 1st ex wife. Noticed wife #2 had a different ring when I met her.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Nope. In fact, we went to a lot of trouble to hide the fact that we were living together. Once when my parents came to visit for the weekend, I had to go stay at my apartment with them so they wouldn't be suspicious. Imagine my state of panic the next morning when I realized that almost all of my clothes were at his house. I was 26 years old so it all seems so silly now.
    I'm sure your parents didn't have a clue, Marleybone.

So, just for kicks, want to share the "official" story with the rest of us?

giz
    Snap on the proposal story, Marleybone. We never did dream up an official story, just stood around looking gormless. I'm still hoping people just think we're being private. We got matching white gold rings, which were ready at about 4:00 the day before the wedding. He got me an engagement ring (which was 1930's costume jewellry, cute but cheap), but the damn burglars stole it (it didn't fit, so I'd taken it off prior to taking it to be resized). He still hasn't replaced it! (we weren't insured then). This time I want a diamond, and in fact, if I ever get a job, I'm buying myself a ring. I'm worth it!!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    So, just for kicks, want to share the "official" story with the rest of us?
    Official story?

Both my engagement ring and wedding ring came from a jewler that only sold one of each kind. And believe it or not, neither of them needed to be sized
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I would be so shy if a guy did that to me (crazy, wild public proposal), kind of puts you on the spot. lol Seems soooo romantic though. Has any female ever proposed to a GUY? That takes girl balls! I don't know if I could ever do that. Plus, I am kind of big on tradition.

Where are the FORT men!? We want your stories too!

+ Reply to Thread