+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Will you marry me?

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    My ex kept my engagement ring... and now his wife has my engagement ring
    - Does the new Mrs. Cheapskate know that it was YOUR ring?

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary. See - aren't we a cool couple? Attaching a file with our pic...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member
    Mr. Marleybone proposed to me in bed. We had been ring shopping so it wasn't totally unexpected. After 10 years he gave me a diamond anniversary ring with 5 little stones in it. Then on our 17th anniversary he gave me a new engagement ring (bigger diamond ) and got down on his knee and asked me if I would marry him again... he said he always felt bad about not asking me in a more "proper" manner the first time so he wanted to make it up to me and do it right. Next year will be our 25th anniversary and he is already talking about getting one of those 3-stone anniversary rings like in those TV ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    Oh well, should have been the first sign of times to come huh?
    For any of you young ladies in love out there, take note about how many of these bad proposals are followed by "my ex". If they aren't grown up enough to ask properly, they aren't grown up enough to get married. And by "properly" I don't mean down on one knee, necessarily. We've seen beautiful proposals in all shapes and sizes in this thread. But they do need to put a *little* thought and a *little* emotion behind what they are asking.

I love seeing some of these stories. I've always been a sucker for a romantic gesture.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Today is our 21st wedding anniversary. See - aren't we a cool couple? Attaching a file with our pic...
    Aw, you're both so cute. Happy Anniversary!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Happy 21st Anniversary, Ana Bannana!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    Aw... Ana Bannana - I looked at your picture and totally missed what you said. Happy Anniversary!
    Our 24th is this Sunday but Mr. Marleybone will be out of town.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Great stories everybody. *wipes away tears*

Ana, I LOVED your proposal story. Congrats on making it 21 years and still being so much in love.

MrDobss - Weeeeeeeeee How exciting. Damn, I missed you and your bride-to-be in Vegas... maybe next year.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    - Does the new Mrs. Cheapskate know that it was YOUR ring?
    It's hilarious cause... he makes roughly $93,000 a year at the age of 26. You would think he would of gotten a new ring, but I guess not

(It was a gorgeous ring though! Tiffany's... platinum band... 2 carat princess cut... 0.5 carats on the side)

I've often been tempted to just call her up and let her know that that was originally MY ring (especially since he's such an [mod edit] and invited me to the wedding )

BY THE WAY: You and your husband look so happily in love together! Congratulations to you!!!
    Last edited by Amanda; 10-07-2005 at 07:28 AM.

Hey Callie, pass em on over here, k?
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Hey Callie, pass em on over here, k?
    No... he cheated on me, and then ended up marrying the same girl he cheated on me with, and then invited me to their wedding He's a horrible rotten pig that needs to choke on a peanut.

Uhhh... umm... ok back to romantic love stories! I wanna hear them! I didn't mean to ruin this thread Sorry guys!

BTW... has anybody been proposed to in like a LARGE group of people? Like a football stadium, etc?

+ Reply to Thread