+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: looking to buy a dog?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

looking to buy a dog?

the best way to see what that cute puppy will turn out to b e is to watch the westminster dog show tonight and tomrrow night on u.s.a., tape the show or tape the other shows.

my money is on the german shepard-dallas.

My money is on the Bichons Frise Poise'n'Ivey.

Did you see the way Dallas acted last year? First, he acted up when the judge asked the handler to walk him.

Secondly, there was that whole "treat controversy"--Daphne the Portuguese Water Dog went for Dallas's treat, and Dallas, diva that he is, bared his teeth.

Of course, this is SOOO A&E not to show that ugly episode with their favorite contestant--it's like they're editing parts of it because they favor Dallas. Hmmm...is it because Dallas is a Pedigree spokesdog and Pedigree sponsors the program on A&E?

And I'm pretty sure that Dallas took Fifi LaRue (the poodle) into the backstage areas where the camera CONVENIENTLY couldn't follow them. So, what was with all the yelps, heavy breathing, and panting???

Oh, wait, they're dogs...

All jokes aside, the g/f and I have been waiting for a week for the show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

yeah, but did you see Dallas at the national invitationals right before the super bowl. he was "on" and did a great job in the ring. but if that blue kerry terrier Mike is there look out, he took it from dallas the last time too.

I don't think I've missed one in 12 years

FORT Fogey
    I am sooo looking forward to this! My bf trains border collies and I told him I would soooo do the agility competition w/his next 2 puppies,, so we are going to do that! Will someone fun re-cap us?? Did you watch the agility " championships" last night??
    Our two new pups will be pippin ( we met because of LOTR 2)
    and Piper ( he is a pilot) how sickening and way too sweet is that? But, good names non-the-less!
    Will be watching tonight

Originally posted by firegirl
    I am sooo looking forward to this! My bf trains border collies and I told him I would soooo do the agility competition w/his next 2 puppies,, so we are going to do that! Will someone fun re-cap us?? Did you watch the agility " championships" last night??
    Our two new pups will be pippin ( we met because of LOTR 2)
    and Piper ( he is a pilot) how sickening and way too sweet is that? But, good names non-the-less!
    Will be watching tonight

well like I said before the little guy in my av is doing agility, he placed 2nd this weekend, but I did watch the agility comp. this weekend, they will show it again during the week, check your tv.guide. but the border collies were just tearing it up when they ran. it was a good show to watch. the yorkie was cute when it did it's run

FORT Fogey
    he was cute wasn't he?? I have a 2lb yorkie,, I wonder what she would do.. lol she would need the barbie size apparatus! hehe

I loved , loved the Pomeranian in the toy category! Dang I hate that Pekienese!
    The Newfoundland was beautiful!
    I liked the Bichon over the poodle too!

Originally posted by firegirl
    I am sooo looking forward to this! My bf trains border collies and I told him I would soooo do the agility competition w/his next 2 puppies,, so we are going to do that! Will someone fun re-cap us??
    FG, you don't train Border Collies, you just come to a guarded agreement those dogs are way too smart. I have recapped the various groups and got pics of the winnners in the Sports Forum.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ili you are so right about the border collies!

My uncle has 2 (one abandoned that he found, one that he got at the pound!) Of course because of this he has no papers, but they are full bred BC's!

They are awesome.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I love Border Collies, beautiful intelligent dogs.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Illi, I love your av is it a sheltie? I have a sheltie too his name is Kipper he is the sweetest best disposition. Our little 2lb yorkie just leads him around and he protects her and watches out for her and just plays so sweet w/her and she is always right in his face. It is soooo funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast