+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: halloween costumes

LG.
    I agree it is dangerous for kids now and that is sad. I grew up in a really small town and the rule was you could go to houses where you knew the people, which was quite a large percentage of the population. I doubt I'll ever let my daughter go door to door, but she loves to get dressed up in a silly costume. Hmmm, wonder where she gets that from. Did I mention that 2 friends and I went dressed as Neopolitan Ice Cream when we were in college, I was the strawberry stripe. We had a great time until Chocolate bailed and we had a harder time explaining our costume.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

chocolate didn't bail... it's just the favorite flavor and gets eaten first... coulda toild people you were a box of Neopolitan Ice Cream as it usually looks in cali's freezer
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Good one Cali!
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Cali, you're a mean mommy, scheduling braces a day before she gets all that candy! Her teeth will be too sore to eat! And after she did that wonderful Survivor Shadow report, too. Shame!

When we had a really great couple living next door to us (who moved away about 2 years ago), we'd set up a table out front with some tiki torches and pumpkins and stuff, and then we'd all get together and hand out candy from the front yard. It was kind of neat, we'd take pictures of the kids and stuff, and kind of made it a party. We'd bake cookies for the parents to eat, too. Since most of them know us in the area, they'd sit and talk to us for a while (especially since one or two of us were usually playing with the kids, and keeping them occupied).

Anyway, it was lots of fun, but we don't do it any more since they've moved away.

John
    (And I'm not touching the idea of LG's chocolate friend getting eaten first - I'll leave that one for Paulie!)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I don't really enjoy the holiday and my dog (see left) just gets all worked up with the doorbell ringing every 2 minutes.

Last year we had about 130 kids here! Halloween is on a Thursday this year...so I'm going to turn off the lights and hide in my family room in the dark with just Survivor, Friends, ER, Without a Trace and CSI to keep me company
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I don't blame you.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The best part about halloween is siphoning the Crispy Crunch bars and really pissing Dylan off. "Those are for the kids!"

Says who. I'm just a big, really hot, kid.

In Australia they didn't have Halloween, plus I probably wouldnt have celebrated it even if they did. Now though, totally different. I went to WalMart and bought a kids costume in like extra large and because I'm short I was able to fit it, so now I have a black cat costume. It's cool. I think I'm going to make Dylan dress up as a pumpkin.

Bravo, my dog is the same. She just doesn't get it.
    Last edited by duckgirl; 09-24-2002 at 12:40 AM.

My dog doesn't like anyone in the yard, so she freaks every time someone comes up the walk. We have to keep her in the bedroom with the window blinds closed tight, so she can't see them coming. It's kind of a shame, too, because she's so friendly. But when she gets excited, no one can control her (she's 90 pounds of Shepherd/Lab mix - you try it!)

My children, especially my daughter, are beside themselves with excitement about Halloween. Two years ago, my daughter went as a T-Rex. Last year, she was Jessie from Toy Story 2. Both times, a little boy wearing a Scream mask terrified her. This year, she's decided that if she wears a scary outfit, she'll be immune to being scared. So she's got a cute little skeleton costume for this year.

We take the kids around my office. They have a tradition here of turning the last couple hours of the day over to the kids. The candy density is insane with all the cubicles we have here. I also feel pretty confident in the safety of the candy because of the caliber of people typically hired by my company. I know pretty much everyone, and I trust, you know, most of 'em.

We also take the kids around just our neighborhood so our local friends can see them.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

labtech
    Our boys love to go Trick-or Treating but we only take them to people's houses that we know. Our little one is going to be a Power Ranger and our oldest wants to be a wolfman. My hubby usually stays at home and gives out candy but this year I think we will trade. Let him be the one to drag them all over the county for a change. The bad part is that some of the "kids" that come to out house are biger than my husband. these guys are just down right freaky. On second thought I think I will take the boys and hubby can stay home and give out candy!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast