+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: College Life

Premium Member
    Critical - That must have been soooo satisfying.

I only wish I had gotten to see it in person instead of just hearing about it after the fact, marleybone!

Okay, so a friend of mine told me about a really cool website where you can post and read reviews of various professors. Check this out:http://www.RateMyProfessors.com. I looked up my professors at a previous school and the reviews were mostly right on. Wish I'd known about it before I registered for classes this semester!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh that's awesome Critical! One of my teachers last year was on there and the reviews were pitch perfect!

His name was Professor Egan and I had a blast during his class every single time. The class itself was mainly focused on discussion which led for many VERY heated but interesting debates and some extremely RANDOM topics haha.

He was such an awesome to have during my freshman year at Yale! In fact, I'd go so far as to say he's become the best teacher I've had in my educational career so far! He's truly sincere and helpful, and he always sees both sides of the story, which is such a great quality in a teacher.

Okay, enough of my memory lane. See, College can be so much more fun with the right teachers, it's just about being lucky getting them!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Some great advice in here.

I would totally recommend going abroad for college. I went back home to England for my degree and since I hadn't lived there since I was four it was a great experience for me.

I was initally only going for one semester as I was homesick. Two weeks in I made a great bunch of friend and decided to not go home for Christmas and stayed there for my whole degree. I don't think my Mum ever recovered from the shock of me staying there for four years.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Going abroad to study is great, if you have a chance you should go, don't miss it. Even just for a summer, if a whole semester seems too much. (And hey, you never know, you can find your soulmate while studying abroad... speaking of experience )
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

ratemyprofessors.com is my lifesaver! I'm just mad I didn't discover the website until after my freshman year, otherwise I could've avoided this Satanic crazy English professor I had.

I've read some hysterical reviews before. I depend on that website to pick my classes.

I've enjoyed reading everyones' posts, and thanks Critical, for posting the link about the professors. I'm going to forward it to Lil Rose.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Hmm, they haven't rated my hubby yet on ratemyprofessors Now I'll go spy some more, and see how our friends rate

ETA: Well, we had a good time laughing at the website with hubby, but hey, where is his rating? Dang it, he's HOT! Someone, quick, rate him
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 09-01-2005 at 02:29 PM.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I've actually seen ratings where I could tell it was the darn professor rating himself.

I know the professor was just recently hired and before he began the first day of class, there were already two ratings saying he's hot and the best. I had to laugh!

Whoa, the professor web would have come in handy in undergrad...I need to check for grad school.

Wish I had studied abroad, my sis is going to New Zealand next semester and I'm only slightly green with envy
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread