+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: College Life

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Omigosh Critical, I love eye candy professors! I had one last quarter and the lecture was packed with females just feasting their eyes on him. We were all literally undressing him with our eyes. To make things even better, he was a great professor and person. Oh I never missed a single lecture and always sat in the front. Not to mention the reader in the class was hot too and I always sat next to him.

I love college btw! I'm entering my senior year and pretty pissed off because I've had such a wonderful time. However, I am applying for graduate school and looking to pursue my MA so I can strengthen my credential for my PhD. Hopefully I can accomplish all this before I turn 31.
    Sadly, he is my only hot prof. He's pretty d@mn hot though I felt like calling out "Elvis has left the building!" when he walked out of class!

Today I went to the rest of my classes (I only had one on Monday night) and am struck by how many truly annoying people there are in the world! Seriously - if you already know everything, then why are you taking this class? Unless you have "PhD" after your name, SHADDUP!

I still don't have my loan check and I just found out that I have to buy another textbook that will cost me $80 - and it's a new edition, so no used copies. It's only a few bucks cheaper on amazon, but I could have it shipped for free without having to wait in the massive line at the university bookstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    That's actually a good rule for many reasons. At parties and bars, always keep a close eye on your drink and never put it down. It only takes a second for someone to slip a date rape drug into what you are drinking and you could find yourself in serious trouble.
    Good advice, Stargazer! Even if you are drinking out of a bottle, you should always keep your thumb over the top, so no one can drop anything in.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

YES! Totally true!

NEVER SHARE DRINKS!!! One of my sorority sisters in my junior year actually had a rufee slipped in her drink and almost an entire fraternity nailed her. She ended up dropping out of college. It was so sad

Also... don't share drinks cause you'll get a really bad viral infection and then you have to lie to your mom on how you got it

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Bran buds, gabriel?
    grape nuts
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Today I went to the rest of my classes (I only had one on Monday night) and am struck by how many truly annoying people there are in the world! Seriously - if you already know everything, then why are you taking this class? Unless you have "PhD" after your name, SHADDUP!
    You'd be amazed how many poser know-it-alls or just plain idiots there are in college.

Some of my favorite questions I've heard include: "What is a democracy?" and "Did Korea particpate in the Korean War?"

During a Spanish class, there was a gal that wasn't the brightest bulb in the world, but sadly, she thought she was a genius. She'd always volunteer to answer every question, and then get it wrong everytime. What stinks even more is then she'll argue with the professor about it and say, "Well in FRENCH, the way they do it is...blah blah blah." Every time she raised her hands, the entire class would cringe.

One time she just wouldn't let a question go and kept repeating, "In FRENCH..." finally me and a few other classmates turned to her and said, "This is a SPANISH class." She stopped mentioning French, but it didn't stop her from answering questions wrong everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    You'd be amazed how many poser know-it-alls or just plain idiots there are in college.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't! This is just my most recent go 'round in college. I've got over 150 units under my belt, so I'm sadly all too familiar with that variety of student!

Isn't it funny how those people seem to feel no shame about just taking up class time and looking like an idiot!? They just make me feel like standing up and apologizing to the class on behalf of every other "older" re-entry student on campus!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

There is one of those in almost every big class. I was sitting in the balcony of a Elements of Marketing course and this lady would always interrupt the professor and ask a stupid question completely unrelated to what we are talking about and then start going on about her kids, and Harry Potter and stuff that had NOTHING to do with Marketing keeping us late (our prof like to let us go early but she wouldn't shut up). Finally, after a week or two, some guys on the balcony actually yelled "SHUT UP!" to her and said "NO!" when she raised her hand. lol Even the professor looked like he wanted to laugh, but he was polite about it. She finally quit interrupting so much, but she still managed to get a peep in here and there.

Critical or any other re-entry student, do you ever find other re-entry students hitting on you or as we call it trying to "mack" on you? There is this one older guy who I had several classes with and he would ALWAYS approach the 35+ year old ladies in class and try to act all superfly and starting being flirty. lol This one lady kind of looked at me while I was watching like "ugggh! help me!" and smiled.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    Critical or any other re-entry student, do you ever find other re-entry students hitting on you or as we call it trying to "mack" on you? There is this one older guy who I had several classes with and he would ALWAYS approach the 35+ year old ladies in class and try to act all superfly and starting being flirty. lol This one lady kind of looked at me while I was watching like "ugggh! help me!" and smiled.
    Not yet Really though, I'm 36, but most people think I'm in my late 20's at the most. I get looks from the 23 year olds!

Loved your story about the loudmouth! There does seem to be one in every class. I reminds me of a sort of long, but very funny story:

I used to work at a community college (which is how I heard all about this) and one of the profs taught the department's intro/survey class in a huge lecture hall. We're talking 400+ people. He made a big show of it too - slides, music, the whole nine. WELL. There was this one girl who was always late for class. She wouldn't just sneak in and sit down quietly either. She walked down one aisle, across the front (in front of the prof as he was lecturing) and then part way up the other aisle (the hall had one center section and two side ones, so two aisles). She always dressed in really skimpy clothing too. After the umpteenth time she pulled this act, he finally decided to get back at her. Sure enough, she was late for the next class. As she came in and hit about the 5th step down, he had a spotlight hit her and then he started playing "The Stripper Dance" (you know that sterotypical stripper music). He kept hitting her with the spotlight all the way down the aisle, all the way across the front and all the way up the other aisle and out of the lecture hall! She never came back!

You'd have to know this man to know how truly funny this was - sweetest guy in the world and very mild mannered (even wore bow ties every day). It was kind of cruel, but she totally deserved it.

I can't imagine how hard everyone must have laughed! I would have been mortified if I was that girl, but then again, if it's attention you want.....attention you get!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Not yet Really though, I'm 36, but most people think I'm in my late 20's at the most. I get looks from the 23 year olds!

Loved your story about the loudmouth! There does seem to be one in every class. I reminds me of a sort of long, but very funny story:

I used to work at a community college (which is how I heard all about this) and one of the profs taught the department's intro/survey class in a huge lecture hall. We're talking 400+ people. He made a big show of it too - slides, music, the whole nine. WELL. There was this one girl who was always late for class. She wouldn't just sneak in and sit down quietly either. She walked down one aisle, across the front (in front of the prof as he was lecturing) and then part way up the other aisle (the hall had one center section and two side ones, so two aisles). She always dressed in really skimpy clothing too. After the umpteenth time she pulled this act, he finally decided to get back at her. Sure enough, she was late for the next class. As she came in and hit about the 5th step down, he had a spotlight hit her and then he started playing "The Stripper Dance" (you know that sterotypical stripper music). He kept hitting her with the spotlight all the way down the aisle, all the way across the front and all the way up the other aisle and out of the lecture hall! She never came back!

You'd have to know this man to know how truly funny this was - sweetest guy in the world and very mild mannered (even wore bow ties every day). It was kind of cruel, but she totally deserved it.
    Oh the sweet taste of revenge! Must have been one extremely good start a class eh Critical? hehe
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Oh Critical that was too good

I remember an attention whore in my class who would wear skimpy clothing and then complain about it being too cold while everyone else was enjoying the air conditioning. She'd always make a huge scene out of it and complain excessively. (Btw, this is a high school story, so slightly off)

The annoying part was she'd squeeze her barely there boobs together and start jumping up and down in her seat whining and complaining about it being too cold. She then complained that the temperature distracted her from completing her "great" project. Finally one guy in our class had enough, he came over to her and said, "Hey your project looks nice, can I look at it?" She agrees and then the guy just rips the piece in half. It was soooo good and our teacher just laughed and went

Some of these gals put a target on themselves.

+ Reply to Thread