+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: College Life

Sort of along these lines, in the 60's one of my single, female teachers in high school was given an aide, and it turned out to be the retiring Chicago Bears QB, Rudy Bukich. Take it from me, he was gorgeous. We youngins' weren't the only ones infatuated by him...our teacher provided hours of entertainment as we watched her get flustered, swoon, and giggle around him. (Not only was he handsome, he was really sweet). My dad was thrilled, and was constantly trying to think of reasons for a one-on-one parent/teacher aide conference. Her class was extremely popular the following year, but he had moved on. Yes, we were the lucky class.

Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Yum, roseskid... lucky you.

I'm just frustrated because my son has been in college just one week and he's already sick. Last weekend he came home with a bad cold, (he's only an hour away so he comes home on weekends) which sucks since today is his audition for the fall musical. Then today, he called from the health office because the nurse thinks he has pink-eye.

Awww, Marley, that was one of my biggest fears with Lil Rose, and yet it's so predictable. All those new germs in such close proximity to each other...it's surprising it doesn't happen to all of them.

I hope they were able to prescribe something to help him out...this is the last thing he needs right now. Are there any provisions for second-chance auditions for just this reason?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Thanks for the hug roseskid. This happened last year too but not quite this fast. He has his insurance card with him and they should be able to get him the eyedrops he needs. I am waiting for him to call me, he will call later after auditions, so I can find out what they ended up doing. Besides all the classes, he shares an on-campus apartment with 3 roommates so between all of them I'm sure there are a lot of bugs floating around.

He is in another play and the other night at practice one of the girls showed up with a fever and they sent her back to the dorm so she wouldn't expose the whole cast. It's just frustrating because he's worked so hard to get ready for this audition, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can still pull off his song.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Yum, roseskid... lucky you.

I'm just frustrated because my son has been in college just one week and he's already sick. Last weekend he came home with a bad cold, (he's only an hour away so he comes home on weekends) which sucks since today is his audition for the fall musical. Then today, he called from the health office because the nurse thinks he has pink-eye.
    Awww Marley That's tough! Especially with only being there just one week. Was he too sick to audition to fall musical?

The second week of College for me was horrible! I had a viral infection in my throat, and I couldn't talk AT ALL! My mom was in Texas, while I was in Michigan, and she was so worried about me. I didn't tell her how the doctor thinks I caught it: by sharing drinks during "Welcome Week" parties

Another Rule for incoming freshman: DON'T SHARE DRINKS!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    Awww Marley That's tough! Especially with only being there just one week. Was he too sick to audition to fall musical?

The second week of College for me was horrible! I had a viral infection in my throat, and I couldn't talk AT ALL! My mom was in Texas, while I was in Michigan, and she was so worried about me. I didn't tell her how the doctor thinks I caught it: by sharing drinks during "Welcome Week" parties

Callie - you crack me up.

He's not too sick to audition, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that his voice holds out. He wants this bad, it would take a lot to keep him away.

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie

That's actually a good rule for many reasons. At parties and bars, always keep a close eye on your drink and never put it down. It only takes a second for someone to slip a date rape drug into what you are drinking and you could find yourself in serious trouble. :nono

Okay, I just sounded like my mom.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Tada
    I'll be starting college this Fall, and I'm planning to major in CS.

Courses I'm taking: Japanese 111, Math 124, Economics 200

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    That's actually a good rule for many reasons. At parties and bars, always keep a close eye on your drink and never put it down. It only takes a second for someone to slip a date rape drug into what you are drinking and you could find yourself in serious trouble. :nono

Okay, I just sounded like my mom.
    Don't we all begin tosound like mom after a while? sheesh! now I'm eating the same cereals my mother eats...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Bran buds, gabriel?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread