+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: College Life

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I can sympathize Critical. The red tape associated with student loans and in fact student anything is amazing. The summer between my first and second years of law school, I worked in the law library. I didn't get my first paycheck for 6 weeks. I had to budget myself $8 a week for groceries. For years afterwards, I couldn't stand top ramen (in those days, it was 8 for a dollar if you bought the store brand), Kraft macaroni and cheese, or turkey dogs.
    Oh, that sounds familiar! My work-study job paid out once per month (!) and when I started, they had just been paid and apparently it takes a month to be put on the payroll. So I had to work 8 weeks before I saw a check!

Favorite dinner during those times: Ramen plus a can of corn and one egg stirred in. Alternatively, a can of beans served with rice made with diced tomatoes. We called ourselves "economic vegetarians".
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Well I never went any higher than High School, but in the "good old" days I was eating like "those college kids" - store brand mac & cheese, cheap hot dogs, spaghetti with ketchup as sauce, lettuce sandwiches... yeech
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Hey Guys...I am goign to be a senior in high school this fall and college applications are coming *sighs*. Any pointers? Suggestions? Anything ?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    Hey Guys...I am goign to be a senior in high school this fall and college applications are coming *sighs*. Any pointers? Suggestions? Anything ?
    Yeah! Go to University of Michigan!!

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    Yeah! Go to University of Michigan!!
    Lol...I already have all my colleges in mind and Upenn is definitley my Early Decision. I am very insecure about myself, but then again, I think a lot of students are. Should I be confident? But then I don't want to be overconfident! Errrr its just so difficult lol.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! I got my parking pass in the mail today so, hopefully, the loan check isn't too far behind. Luckily, my pantry is pretty well-stocked and I have a $25 gift card for the local grocery store, so I should be fine. During my last tour of duty in college, I found lots of ways to prepare ramen noodles (24 for $1 at the local grocery store!). My favorite is stir fried with soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Then you can use the flavor packet when you make rice.

I just got back from my first class a little while ago and just can't stop singing "Hot For Teacher" by Van Halen! My prof is HAWT! I will not be missing any sessions of this one. He's married too, so there's no temptation but it's always nice to have something pretty to look at.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical. Professor Eye Candy probably has almost perfect attendance from his female students.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Critical. Professor Eye Candy probably has almost perfect attendance from his female students.
    Mariner! And this guy is new eye candy, so that's even better! This is his first semester teaching here, so I doubt the word has gotten out yet. Next semester: look out!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    Yes definitely, find something other than Ramen noodles.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Mariner! And this guy is new eye candy, so that's even better! This is his first semester teaching here, so I doubt the word has gotten out yet. Next semester: look out!
    Omigosh Critical, I love eye candy professors! I had one last quarter and the lecture was packed with females just feasting their eyes on him. We were all literally undressing him with our eyes. To make things even better, he was a great professor and person. Oh I never missed a single lecture and always sat in the front. Not to mention the reader in the class was hot too and I always sat next to him.

I love college btw! I'm entering my senior year and pretty pissed off because I've had such a wonderful time. However, I am applying for graduate school and looking to pursue my MA so I can strengthen my credential for my PhD. Hopefully I can accomplish all this before I turn 31.

+ Reply to Thread