+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: College Life

Get the used textbooks online (learned this one this summer from my cousin in college)

Ditto on the go to class. I once sunk an A into a C because I didn't attend half the classes and the prof took attendence and deducted for each class you missed.

Don't binge drink. No one needs 10 shots of anything. Don't drink and drive or drink and dial., one can kill you the other one can embaress you for years. If you go to a party in a group, leave in the group. Don't leave any girls behind at a party. Just because you go to college with someone or live in the dorm near them, does not always make them a trustworthy person. Lock your dorm or apartment doors.

This is your time to try something new. I was a yearbook editor. I ran a blood drive and a CPR training day. I worked at various jobs. I volenteered at a nursing home and a home for mentally retarded adults. I worked on an all night telethon and made it on TV a few times. I made a snow statue. I played broomball. I slide down hills on meal trays.

I had a great time.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

sledding on cafeteria trays is a classic.
    Count your blessings!

I don't know about some colleges, but I knew when I went into my college, they didn't require mengititis vaccination shots. My mom being the worry-wart that she is, made me get one anyways, which I'm thankful for now.

Definitely get a mengititis shot!! My friend in college actually lost her brother to mengititis. Living in such close quarters (even in apartments) it's just not safe and not something I'm willing to risk my life on.

geez... I've DEFINITELY have been working in medicine too long

I got my daughter a meningitis shot before I found out it was required anyway. Definitely a must.
    Count your blessings!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    . Don't drink and dial., one can kill you the other one can embaress you for years.
    we called this "black cord fever" when we were overseas

I volenteered at a nursing home and a home for mentally retarded adults.
    congress?

Get the used textbooks online (learned this one this summer from my cousin in college)
    Do you have any recommendations on websites where I can get used textbooks?
    I pray when I'm coming down, you'll be asleep
    If I ever hurt you, your revenge will be so sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    Amazon or ebay

Here's a tip - when getting a dorm, try getting one near the bathroom. I've been lucky enough to have my suite right next to one and it's been a lifesaver at times; that's all I'm gonna say haha.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Ahhh dorm bathrooms... here's another tip:

When you see someone puking in the toilet in the bathroom, and they're alone... c'mon. HELP THEM OUT!!! You never know when you'll need that help (not that I would know or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    It's not online, but I found that there were used bookstores near campus where you can find your course books at an affordable price.

Also, keep your eye out for student book sales/exchanges. They had one at the beginning of every quarter where I went to college run by a student organization. You would show up, sell your used text books to a central booth, and they would sort them and sell them back to students.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread