+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I Remember When I Could...

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

I Remember When I Could...

This is for us older forters who can't do what we use to be able to do...

like I remember when i could woof down a big mac, fish sandwich and large fries and large coke and still get that turnover down too. now I'm lucky to get one sandwich down, small fries, med coke and forget the dessert.

what about you? oh, and it doesn't have to be just about food.
    Last edited by joeguy; 08-18-2005 at 03:50 AM.

I remember when I could wear a bikini or even less on a Mediterranean beach!
    Seems a long, long time ago now!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Hey Joe! Hope you are feeling better these days.

I'd love to talk about all the things I remember doing....problem is....I don't remember what those things were. *sigh* Hopefully the oncoming wrinkes and gray hair are a good indication of what a great time I really had. Reminder to you kids: Wite this stuff down. Take pictures. You'll thank me in twenty or thirty years. If you remember, that is.

I remember when I could lay on my stomach and then bend backwards from the waist to touch my feet to my head. I also remember being able to sleep in sleeping bag and not feel achey in the morning.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I remember when I could go out drinking all night and wake up feeling peachy the next morning.

(And yeah, I know that I'm probably too young to qualify here. Just thought I'd share that particular discovery.)
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

shoot, I can remember when I was out drinking, would close down the bar, go out to breakfast, realise when breakfast was done that I had to be to work in an couple hours, go home take a shower, go to work and feel fine with no sleep at all.

Now if I'm up past my bedtime, I feel like crud the next day.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    shoot, I can remember when I was out drinking, would close down the bar, go out to breakfast, realise when breakfast was done that I had to be to work in an couple hours, go home take a shower, go to work and feel fine with no sleep at all.

Now if I'm up past my bedtime, I feel like crud the next day.
    Oh Brother! I could have written this post. But anyhoo I remember when I could wear smaller clothes...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I remember when I could eat anything I wanted and not gain weight. Those days are sadly long gone...

FORT Fogey
    I remember when I could sit on a couch and put both ankles behind my neck. My ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I remember when I could sit on a couch and put both ankles behind my neck. My ankles.
    Hmmm, dare I ask why one would want to place their ankles behind their neck?

I remember when I could drink caffeine all day long and still get to sleep at night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast