+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: I Remember When I Could...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I also remember being able to get up without making noise.. now its not OOOF, it's Up Simba, Up... Good Elephant! Also remember being able to kill a bottle of Crown Royal and cokes, now two drinks gets me woozy.

I burst out laughing when I read this and the two kids are sitting there with their tails going WTH?? staring at me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I remember when I could sleep late on Saturdays.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    I remember when I was quite the fast runner. I could sprint the 100 yard dash and beat any guy I came up against.
    Last year, as I was coaching girls varsity soccer, we decided to have a race. (I know-what was I thinking.) Anyway, I was doing really good - it came down to 2 of us. About 3 yards before the finish line - I lost my footing and fell, skidding across the finish line. Not a pretty sight to see. 40 is much to old to be racing 17 year old girls.
    Lesson Learned.
    But did you win???
    I remember when I was the 2nd fastest runner in my class (had a major crush on the fastest!).
    When I could easily reach my toenails to cut them. When I could see my toenails to cut them!
    I really depressed to hear that even THIN people make ooff sounds getting out of a chair... thought all I"d have to do is lose a little weight!

MRD
    I can remember when it would take me an hour and a half to get ready to go anywhere because I had to mousse, gel, tease and spray hair to get the 80's look. Put on enough makeup to sink a battleship and be perfectly prepared and dressed at all times.

Heck, now I've even run up to the store in my flannel PJ's. And I can shower and dress including bare minimal makeup in 20 min.

And further more, I'm confindent enough in myself not to care how I look most of the time now instead of being a slave to it years ago!

Still fun times back then. Of course, I didn't have a kid, internet, tivo, etc. so I had the time to spend on moi!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678