+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I Remember When I Could...

Yes, but now you have a good excuse not to be running behind trucks slinging hay and you can wear the really comfortable shoes and not be wrecking your feet and calves and back. Think of all the wisdom you have now. (Not trying to talk you out of getting in shape.) I remember when I could sit on the floor with my calves out to the side of my thighs and get up from that position without using my hands. I remember doing cartwheels when I was 8 mo. pregnant with my first child.
    Count your blessings!

I can remember when I could stay up really late. I went to a card party last night, I had coffee before I went. I didn't have any alcoholic drinks and I was exhausted by 11:30pm when I left at midnight I had to keep my window down and radio up to keep me awake for the 15 minute drive.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I can remember when I could stay up really late. I went to a card party last night, I had coffee before I went. I didn't have any alcoholic drinks and I was exhausted by 11:30pm when I left at midnight I had to keep my window down and radio up to keep me awake for the 15 minute drive.
    Me too, nlmcp! Past 10pm and I'm yawning until I can finally crawl into bed(usually later that that)!

I remember when I could do the splits! I tried the other day for the first time in years and I couldn't even get close to the ground. I'm still sore!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

lildago! I'm laughing my @ss off right now. Doing splits! You could have gotten stuck down there!
    Count your blessings!

I probably would have been stuck but my 4 year old jumped on me and bowled me over!!! She thought it was hilarious and keeps asking me to do it again!

I also remember being able to get up without making noise.. now its not OOOF, it's Up Simba, Up... Good Elephant! Also remember being able to kill a bottle of Crown Royal and cokes, now two drinks gets me woozy.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    shoot, I can remember when I was out drinking, would close down the bar, go out to breakfast, realise when breakfast was done that I had to be to work in an couple hours, go home take a shower, go to work and feel fine with no sleep at all.

Now if I'm up past my bedtime, I feel like crud the next day.

This use to be my week-end ritual when I was in high school. Go out Friday night drinking, be to work for 5:30 Saturday Morning, get off of work @ 3:00 that afternoon, go home sleep until 6 or 7 o'clock go out Saturday night, up all night, @ work for 5:30, off at work at 3:00 then stay up until 10:00 Sunday night and sleep until 6:00 Monday morning and off to school. I have no Idea how I used to be able to do that.

The worst part was going to work still drunk, and eating everything in sight, usually chocolate milk & sour cream & onion chips.

Memories......

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I remember when I use to wake up and see clearly, now I have to wait about a half hour for my eyes to clear up so i can read my online stuff like in here and comics that AI get sent to me.

I remember when I use to do cartwheels. I loved doing cartwheels.
    Well, not somersaults, but you get the idea

IRWIC eat anything I want without gaining much weight! It seems like since I turned 35, everything goes straight to my hips!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast