+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I Remember When I Could...

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    shoot, I can remember when I was out drinking, would close down the bar, go out to breakfast, realise when breakfast was done that I had to be to work in an couple hours, go home take a shower, go to work and feel fine with no sleep at all.

Now if I'm up past my bedtime, I feel like crud the next day.
    I remember going OUT at 10:00 - 11:00-ish...now that's my bedtime
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    shoot, I can remember when I was out drinking, would close down the bar, go out to breakfast, realise when breakfast was done that I had to be to work in an couple hours, go home take a shower, go to work and feel fine with no sleep at all.

I, too, remember that. *sigh* Those were the days, my friends.

Pom, you never cease to make me laugh. Never tried it (never wanted to) - positive I can't do it now (don't ask).

MIA, RIP, or Busy...

Exactly my thoughts....my bedtime is by 11:00 now too and back in time, you were a if you went to a club before then.

I also used to remember my diet would consist of a bag of cheetos and a Diet Coke, now if I do that, my stomach hurts....

I remember when I used to live to spend every dime I made...now I live to save and be *gasp* responsible...
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I remember when I used to chew off my toenails....ewwwww!

I remember when I used to tap and ballet dance.

Practically everything I remember is how I used to do it. I can remember walking up or down steps without assistance. I used to be so limber that I could have done what Pom mentioned but I can't help but crack up at the mental image I'm having of Pom and me sitting with our ankles behind out heads, having a conversation.
    I can easily remember pulling a double shift at the hospital, going out at 11 pm and getting home in time to shower and change before heading back for another double shift.

I remember when I was quite the fast runner. I could sprint the 100 yard dash and beat any guy I came up against.
    Last year, as I was coaching girls varsity soccer, we decided to have a race. (I know-what was I thinking.) Anyway, I was doing really good - it came down to 2 of us. About 3 yards before the finish line - I lost my footing and fell, skidding across the finish line. Not a pretty sight to see. 40 is much to old to be racing 17 year old girls.
    Lesson Learned.

I remember when I was agile enough to climb a tree. I miss climbing trees.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I remember when I could have any guy I wanted. I was a looker. How the mighty have fallen!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I remember when I could have any guy I wanted. I was a looker. How the mighty have fallen!
    I remember when I could have almost any guy I wanted too. Gutmutter you're still lookin good, as far as whatever has fallen that sounds like something you might want to not spread around. HAHAHAHA
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I remember when on the playground I could swing by my arms across that arm swingy thing. It was so easy. A few years ago I was at a playground and tried. I couldn't do anything but hang there.
    I could also sit on bars and twirl around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast