+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: All About Fashion/Style

All About Fashion/Style

There's got to be some fellow fashion freaks here, since there are so many reality shows that deal with fashion and style (What Not To Wear, Queer Eye, Extreme Makeover, Swan, The Cut, Project Runway, etc). I have a Fashion Question and a fellow FORTer suggested I make a thread here so perhaps we can give/receive advice. It would be cool to have a whole section on it, maybe if this topic takes off we might get one.....?

I am trying to decide between these two purses. I have some birthday money coming up and want to get this purse in either Black or Blue. I am a purse freak and I love, love the blue color, but I am afraid I won't be able to use it that much because I am not sure what I could wear it with. I like the black too, I haven't bought a black purse in a while and have been looking and this one is the prettiest black one I've seen it a while. However, the blue is just so, captivating. Opinions?

http://www.coach.com/shop/product_no...category_id=68

Go with the black. It probably goes better with more of your outfits. However, what a regret you may feel later if what you really want is the blue (which is nice), and you will always think of the blue purse every time you look at the black purse in your hands.

I know--that wasn't a lot of help.

I'm going off to Sports now...to discuss SEC football...
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Sorry to be boring and practical, but I would go with the black. I like the logo better in that color anyway, and I love that it's spiced up with silver. And yes, you'll use it more.

This season has a lot of great colorful handbags, though, that I understand are hard to resist. I really love the bright colors in solid leather anyway (I just got a nice Bandolino in a bright yellow with cute turquoise lining), so you could probably sublimate your urge for that blue Coach by getting a second cute blue purse for less, that you could use just for fun. That's what I'd do anyway.

Good luck, and happy shopping!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

My take on brightly-colored purses is, if they don't match anything, they go with everything.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I like the Blue best. The Black is safe, but a bag in a bright contrasting color becomes a statement.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Premium Member
    I was going to tell you to just do what I do... get them both. But then I went back and looked at the price. This is going to be a special purchase with your gift money so I think you should get the one you really love even if it isn't the most practical. (BLUE)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I was going to tell you to just do what I do... get them both.
    I'll tell you just what I do . . . don't get either!

Expensive purses are way, way overrated; I think they're a huge waste of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I'll tell you just what I do . . . don't get either!

Expensive purses are way, way overrated; I think they're a huge waste of money!
    What Pommy said. Except she forgot to mention that you should send the money to the JenniferinCO payoffthatdarnedcreditcardbala nce fund.

But seriously, I would have to agree with SnowflakeGirl- get the black one and a cheaper blue one elsewhere. Also, "if" you can wait, Ross sometimes has fancy brand names at deep discounts. I found a purse there once that I had coveted and held out on- 1/4 the original cost.

ETA: (1/4 the original cost * all that credit card interest still equals more than I should have spent, but you get the point...)

FORT Fanatic
    I know there is a Coach outlet in Florida where my mom gets her bags. Check to see if there is one near you in Tex-ass - they're huge money savers. Another option - check Ebay. You might be able to get two new(ish) coach bags for the price of one.
    I would be torn too - both colors are great. And while I'm telling you to go with Ebay, I just spent $250 on Gucci sunglasses this week. But you know, do what I say, not what I do...

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart
    I just spent $250 on Gucci sunglasses this week.
    Something tells me this is NOT the thread for little miss Jennifer... I could not spend $25 on sunglasses, much less $250.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast