+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All About Fashion/Style

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    Thanks for the advice all. Well, I went to go see both of these bags in person and they are not as pretty in person. I mean, both are nice looking, but not worth the price. I was expecting to see more shine in the fabric, more contrast (esp in the black one) and it just seemed a bit dull. I have another Coach in hot pink and the contrast is so pretty, but this style doesn't do that, the fabric looks....blah...up close. So glad I looked in person and didn't order online lol.

What did I do instead? I got FOUR new purses instead of one (lol!) I bought a brick red with gold undertone Guess bag, a dark green and gold charm accent Kathy Von Zeeland purse, a blue and gray tote (looks like a Louis Vuitton but isn't) and a blue purse very similar to the Coach one (but a bit darker) from New York and Company.

PLUS, I also got some cute outfits as well (in Texas it is no sales tax weekend for Back to School). Four tops (blue tee with white glittery NY on it, a lavender camisole under a lace tank, brown and black sweetheart short sleeve top, and a dark red, orange, and gold Indian style silk top), a pair of jeans (with diamond accents...gotta shine baby), a white skirt with silver chain belt and a pair of pink Steve Madden sunglasses with pink rhinestones.

Without tax and with coupons that I had....I was able to get all of this for about the same or close to the full price that one purse would have been. lol

GxG is a very happy lady!
    ALL THAT FOR $385!!!

Holy Crap! Talk about bargain shopping! Good job!

I wish I had the patience to do all that... if I see something I want... I buy it. If I was in your shoes, I would of had that purse long before I even had to think about making a thread. I need some tips from you!

Premium Member
    Girlfriend... now that is my kind of shopping! Good for you for going to look at the purses first and for shopping smart.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Glitterxgold, if you'll dig thru a few pages of General Discussion threads, you'll find plenty already here, waiting to be ressurected...Fashion You Love, Fashion You Hate, Lookin' Bad But Wearin it Anyway, Tattoos and piercings, Jeans That Fit and so on and on and on. That's not even counting the vast array of fashion oriented games in the "Fun and Games" forum!
    But what do I know...I save my money to spend on vacations, not clothes, so I live in a style free zone!
    (suggestion...the hell with a fancy purse, come hang with us in Vegas baby!)
    I like your thinking, girl. I have no objections to people spending their money as they want to, but if I spend that much money on a purse it had better have shoes, dress, underwear and hose to go with it.
    It sounds like the shopping trip turned out well though.

I save my money for vacations too. Just about any purse works with jeans and t shirts.

Please help settle a debate between me and doxie:

A black, three-button sport coat, paired with a blue French-cuff shirt, striped Donna Karan tie...and blue jeans (in neat, clean, good repair) and brown loafers.

The question is the blue jeans: Tacky? Or stylish? The event was a holiday party for clients at my workplace.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post

A black, three-button sport coat, paired with a blue French-cuff shirt, striped Donna Karan tie...and blue jeans (in neat, clean, good repair) and brown loafers.

The question is the blue jeans: Tacky? Or stylish? The event was a holiday party for clients at my workplace.
    Sorry to whichever one of you I'm dissing, but you asked--I vote tacky. Ties don't go with jeans, to me at least; the sport coat maybe could be made to work with them. I'd have to see the shirt. Of course I know nothing about style. However, if I'm correct and this isn't the height of style, it's not as if it would be so bad everyone else would be making a special trip across the room to go check it out, doesn't sound like.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post

Well, I'd say if it was a holiday party for co-workers, the outfit was fine.

But, if it were for clients, I would have worn dressier pants.

And the loafers should have been black, not brown. Too many colors, too confusing a fashion statement.

Sorry....I dress to impress and don't always agree with the more casual dress codes. People are always watching and taking silent notes and it's the person who puts just the little bit more effort into their wardrobe that gets remembered. After that, they have to pull in the work, but being "remembered" is key to promotions.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Okay, thank you, queenb and lambikins.

And for the record, according to you ladies, doxie was "right" and I was "wrong."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Actually, I beg to defer. I love all things denim (I'm wearing a pair of jeans as we speak), so perhaps I'm biased, but I find that jeans, provided that they have a good fit, can balance off a more dressy look quite nicely. My man is a fan of wearing jeans with shirts and the occasional tie, and I think it's a good look for him.

I'd have to go with lambikins on the loafers, though: Black is the only way to go.

Now for my fashion conundrum: I've found the perfect dress for New Year's. Black, sleek, elegant and an absolute bargain. (Gotta love H&M.) This is the way it looks on its own:

And this is the way it looks on Jessica Stam (a point of reference as good as any) :

What do you think I should do for accessories? I'm really, really bad at accessorizing and tend to keep it simple - some may argue too simple. Personally, I find that a little black dress doesn't need much help in the accessory department. I'm thinking black stiletto heels, pearl necklace, sheer black tights and red nails and lips to balance the black. What do you all think?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Actually, I beg to defer. I love all things denim (I'm wearing a pair of jeans as we speak), so perhaps I'm biased, but I find that jeans, provided that they have a good fit, can balance off a more dressy look quite nicely. My man is a fan of wearing jeans with shirts and the occasional tie, and I think it's a good look for him.
    *does sweeping Victorian bow from the waist*

Thank you, geek the girl. I knew you would get my back. +
    I'd have to go with lambikins on the loafers, though: Black is the only way to go.
    D'oh!

Now for my fashion conundrum: I've found the perfect dress for New Year's. Black, sleek, elegant and an absolute bargain.

What do you think I should do for accessories? I'm really, really bad at accessorizing and tend to keep it simple - some may argue too simple. Personally, I find that a little black dress doesn't need much help in the accessory department. I'm thinking black stiletto heels, pearl necklace, sheer black tights and red nails and lips to balance the black. What do you all think?
    I was thinking the same thing: a little black dress doesn't need much in the way of accessories. I would think of going two ways:

The first is what you already hinted at. Ruby red lips, red nails. Think 60's pinup. You will stand out.

The second is "Audrey Hepburn"--elegant, understated dangly earrings (not Foxy Brown dangly earrings, but understated and elegant), a subtle clutch, a subtle bracelet, and subtle "Egyptian eyes" style eye makeup.

Whatever you decide, you will be striking, geek the girl. It's a beautiful dress.

Have fun and work that room, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    I also believe simple is best. Depending on your colouring, red lips are good - they look best with darker hair. I would do diamond (rhinestone) dangly earrings instead of a pearl necklace, and a diamond (rhinestone) bracelet.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast