+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All About Fashion/Style

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart
    I just spent $250 on Gucci sunglasses this week. But you know, do what I say, not what I do...
    NOW you're cookin'!!!

I may have said that expensive purses are way, way overrated and a huge waste of money, but I'm all over the idea of spending big bucks on sunglasses!!!

I've been wearing Revos since 1990 -- not one pair cost under $220; but I love them and I'll never go back to regular sunglasses, so I'm hooked.

I know, I know, who am I to say handbags are a waste?? They're NOT -- not if they make you happy. My sunglasses make me happy, and I'm sure if purses did it for me I'd buy BOTH of them!!!

I just gifted myself this to celebrate a major milestone:

Last edited by phat32; 08-05-2005 at 11:42 PM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I had the feeling I shouldn't have come in here. Get the blue bag. Unless you live near a Coach outlet (we have one here in Park City) - then get them both. I really like the blue the best. Maybe a matching wallet?

I have the Louie Vitton basic brown bag - but should branch out. Used to like Dooney, but they've taken an odd twist lately. Kate Spade is nice and simple, as are her shoes.

I will not wear sunglasses that are under $200, unless it's on a dare.

And my watches? Very important - love the Gucci, but a less expensive Kenneth Cole is nice, too.

Rings: Tiffany. Always. (only since the cz debacle)

I don't have a clue why I'm so "uppity" about certain items, while I'll wear the least-wrinkly jeans from the top of the pile and the closest tee shirt within arm's reach.

Phat, that watch is beautiful Care to share the milestone? Birthday? Promotion? Well-received recap?

What the?? I'm all of a sudden the fashion guru? Bedtime, JD, bedtime.

I say to all, go most practical unless you're young and can afford more than one, then get favorite color whatever and a basic. Phat32- nice time piece there. But anyhoo- interior design is more up my alley.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    There's got to be some fellow fashion freaks here, since there are so many reality shows that deal with fashion and style (What Not To Wear, Queer Eye, Extreme Makeover, Swan, The Cut, Project Runway, etc). I have a Fashion Question and a fellow FORTer suggested I make a thread here so perhaps we can give/receive advice. It would be cool to have a whole section on it, maybe if this topic takes off we might get one.....?

I

http://www.coach.com/shop/product_no...category_id=68
    Glitterxgold, if you'll dig thru a few pages of General Discussion threads, you'll find plenty already here, waiting to be ressurected...Fashion You Love, Fashion You Hate, Lookin' Bad But Wearin it Anyway, Tattoos and piercings, Jeans That Fit and so on and on and on. That's not even counting the vast array of fashion oriented games in the "Fun and Games" forum!
    But what do I know...I save my money to spend on vacations, not clothes, so I live in a style free zone!
    (suggestion...the hell with a fancy purse, come hang with us in Vegas baby!)
    Last edited by queenb; 08-06-2005 at 06:49 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

GlitterxGold, definitely go with the black.

I like the blue too, but if you have to chose one... you want one that you'll use alot (no use having alot of purses that you never use... they're just eye candy for me in my closet, even though there is something beautiful about waking up and looking at all of them. It's better than any sunset...)

Winter is coming up... and you wouldn't really use that bright blue alot. Plus black can go alot. I always love pairing up black and tan. It looks so classic. That purse would be so cute with a knee length black pleated skirt, and a tan button up shirt, and a pair of black heels... but then again, that purse could go with alot of colors, like white, black, tan, gray, red, etc. etc.

Oh geez... I'm going into overload here! I'm thinking of all the really cute outfits to go with that purse!

*quickly leaves this thread*

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    My take on brightly-colored purses is, if they don't match anything, they go with everything.
    That's my take on brightly coloured purses too!

I've got basic black and brown, but also have silver, metallic olive, and cherry red with black print. I love taking the brightly coloured bags when I have a casual jeans and t with sandals day.

That being said, perhaps I'm not the best person to give fashion advice.

My general take on accessories is, wear it like it's right and it is!

Quote Originally Posted by yes said
    My general take on accessories is, wear it like it's right and it is!
    That's a good take on things!

Some people are able to get away with cookey stuff like mixing different accessories. I unforunteately am not... I atleast try to match the purse with atleast a little bit of the same colors as the rest of my outfit... even if it is my belt

Thanks for the advice all. Well, I went to go see both of these bags in person and they are not as pretty in person. I mean, both are nice looking, but not worth the price. I was expecting to see more shine in the fabric, more contrast (esp in the black one) and it just seemed a bit dull. I have another Coach in hot pink and the contrast is so pretty, but this style doesn't do that, the fabric looks....blah...up close. So glad I looked in person and didn't order online lol.

What did I do instead? I got FOUR new purses instead of one (lol!) I bought a brick red with gold undertone Guess bag, a dark green and gold charm accent Kathy Von Zeeland purse, a blue and gray tote (looks like a Louis Vuitton but isn't) and a blue purse very similar to the Coach one (but a bit darker) from New York and Company.

PLUS, I also got some cute outfits as well (in Texas it is no sales tax weekend for Back to School). Four tops (blue tee with white glittery NY on it, a lavender camisole under a lace tank, brown and black sweetheart short sleeve top, and a dark red, orange, and gold Indian style silk top), a pair of jeans (with diamond accents...gotta shine baby), a white skirt with silver chain belt and a pair of pink Steve Madden sunglasses with pink rhinestones.

Without tax and with coupons that I had....I was able to get all of this for about the same or close to the full price that one purse would have been. lol

GxG is a very happy lady!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    Without tax and with coupons that I had....I was able to get all of this for about the same or close to the full price that one purse would have been. lol

GxG is a very happy lady!
    WOW! Now THAT is more like it. I bet you are happy, and with good reason.

I was beginning to feel really cheap, what with all this talk about $250 sunglasses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast