+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Gift Help!

Elizabeth, if you don't go with the picture idea, how about a nice pocketknife? I'm firmly of the belief that every man needs a good knife.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I thought I'd revive this thread just in time for Christmas.

What would you give 15-17 year old boys (cousins in law) aside from money. I don't want to spend too much 20-30$ and I already have given them gift certificates to a music store. I don't know them well, so I don't know their hobbies or interests, aside from music.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post

What would you give 15-17 year old boys (cousins in law) aside from money. I don't want to spend too much 20-30$ and I already have given them gift certificates to a music store. I don't know them well, so I don't know their hobbies or interests, aside from music.
    EEk. Do you have the option of calling your cousin's parents and asking them?
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I have 2 sons, 16 & 18. Last year, they received Gas cards, (the oldest drives), tickets to a local cinema to see movies, an Applebee's gift card, and a Best Buy gift card. They LOVED all of these gifts - but cash was by far their favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    I have 2 sons, 16 & 18. Last year, they received Gas cards, (the oldest drives), tickets to a local cinema to see movies, an Applebee's gift card, and a Best Buy gift card. They LOVED all of these gifts - but cash was by far their favorite.
    That's really creative!

Good ideas Ana, thank you. Jafo, I could call the mother, but she'll just tell me they don't need anything.

Good ideas Ana, thank you. Jafo, I could call the mother, but she'll just tell me they don't need anything.
    That's always helpful...

Call the mom and ask her if the boys have any MP3 player and which one. Then, you could buy them either a Napster or ipod gift card for music downloads.

I just discoverd this through Best Buy when I bought my partner an ipod, so I bought her a $50.00 music card so she could get started.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Wedding Gift

My cousin is getting married next month and I need gift help. They're registered at Target, but most everything on the list is crappy and/or tacky. (Target has some cool stuff & I shop there regularly, so I'm not maligning Target, just my cousin's selection.) I may ultimately go that route, but I was hoping to do something a bit more elegant.

Some background may help: my cousin is 38 and his fiance is about the same age. They've been together for about 10 years or so, and have been living together for the last several. Hence, they're not just out of the parents' house or dorm or single person apartment, and have got to have the usual housewares and stuff. I don't know exactly how much I want to spend, but probably more than $30 and less than $100. Also, I won't be going to the wedding, because I've got work obligations.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm sure someone out there got something quite nifty for a wedding present or gave something really cool and can give me some ideas. Thanks!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    My cousin is getting married next month and I need gift help. They're registered at Target, but most everything on the list is crappy and/or tacky. (Target has some cool stuff & I shop there regularly, so I'm not maligning Target, just my cousin's selection.) I may ultimately go that route, but I was hoping to do something a bit more elegant.

Some background may help: my cousin is 38 and his fiance is about the same age. They've been together for about 10 years or so, and have been living together for the last several. Hence, they're not just out of the parents' house or dorm or single person apartment, and have got to have the usual housewares and stuff. I don't know exactly how much I want to spend, but probably more than $30 and less than $100. Also, I won't be going to the wedding, because I've got work obligations.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm sure someone out there got something quite nifty for a wedding present or gave something really cool and can give me some ideas. Thanks!
    My mother ALWAYS gave silver candlesticks. My dad owned a business in town and consequently they got invited to a lot of business associates kids weddings, so my mom said that no one could say they were playing favorites if she only bought silver candlesticks. LOL!

Me, I buy nice wineglasses. I have done this on several occasions and they have always been well received. You can get nice ones for between $30 and $100. And the people I give them too use them, because I have drank(drunk?) out of them at their houses adn parties.

Sometimes a really nice engraved frame for their wedding picture. Things Remembered is in most malls and has some very nice things that you can have engraved with their name and date. I have one that I cherish because it does hold our wedding picture and it came from a dear friend.

Monogramed towels? Who can't use towels? I know I need to go buy more. (I've been married 17 years and I swear that after 15 years, you should be able to have another wedding shower because by then everything you got the fist time is kaput! LOL)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast