+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Case of Emergency - - - ICE

Thanks so much for the info! I am adding 'ICE' as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    There are some drawbacks to this, and some advantages. I suggest everyone who's interested in this check out Snopes first.
    Gotta love Snopes, John. I'm thinking, maybe if I just put my emergency info on a laminated card and stuck it onto the phone some kind of way, it would be just as good and the EMT wouldn't have to try to figure out my phone. Of course I don't use my phone very much, so the card wouldn't wear off/ aggravate me the way it might someone who uses the phone more.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm a paramedic... and this is just starting to become popular, and even now our manager just put a sign up in our station for us to see this. I never heard about this until about 3 months ago...

ICE or not... we usually do look in cell phones just to see if there's a "Mom" or "Dad" in there somewhere if we have the time... usually we don't and leave it up to the cops to find it.

In a foreign country I carry info in my wallet, and in the glove box of my car....mostly saying, "I have insurance, don't take me to the government hospital....." I hope that doesn't sound too bad, but it is a definite concern!

Seriously, after dealing with a medical crisis with one of our interns today at work, people should do this on their cell phones. We couldn't find any emergency numbers, we knew she had a healh condition but didn't really know what it was and by the time we got someone from her family, so much time had passed and things were so messed up.

She's fine, but seriously, carry something clear that states who you want contacted in an emergency, it makes it so much smoother for the person who is trying to help you.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I've had it on my cell for a while now too.

I put it on my phone when I heard about it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Most of these kind of things I don't really believe in. But after doing some research on this after reading it in this thread, I added an ICE to my cellphone. It makes it a bit harder to voice dial (my phone has voice recognition, so I don't get to say a name for my contacts), but I think it's well worth the trouble. As much as I travel, if something were to happen (I'm knocking on wood RIGHT NOW), it would be bad if there was no way to contact someone who had answers.

Oh-Oh. I don't have a cell phone Maybe I should stick it on a label on the back of my t-shirt? Sounds like a great idea!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I heard about this a few months ago. I still didn't do it. I guess I assumed that they would look at my phone for a parent's number.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast