+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm thinking that Unk is going to have to get some kind of kickback on this Scrubbing Bubbles thing!

Friday is payday so I guess I'll join in with everyone else and run to Wallyworld and pick one up and give it a shot!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2201733;
    I'm thinking that Unk is going to have to get some kind of kickback on this Scrubbing Bubbles thing!

Friday is payday so I guess I'll join in with everyone else and run to Wallyworld and pick one up and give it a shot!!!
    Actually, PhoneGrrrl was the first one to mention it, I just agreed with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2199051;
    I'm totally in love with the Scrubbing Bubbles daily shower spray thing that hangs off the shower head......

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Does anyone use those detegernts formulated to dark clothes? I have been using Cheer Dark lately. I use another detergent for all my other clothes. I must be a sucker for commercial claims. I also use vinegar as someone here suggested. I suspect I'm wasting my money. I should probably stop in here to check before I go shopping.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2201985;
    Does anyone use those detegernts formulated to dark clothes?
    I've used it but I didn't see much of a change. I think the cold water/vinegar combination works better (and is cheaper!). I use Woolite sometimes, but also use Drell (a detergent for baby clothes). Drell is cheaper than Woolite and supposedly more gentle on the clothes, since it's intended for babies' clothing.

bbnbama - I don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but it's
    $18.00 U.S. at Wal-Mart. Don't forget the coupon! I'll gladly pay $13.00 to have someone clean my shower on an ongoing basis.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

All of these glowing reports for the Scrubbing Bubbles Shower cleaner are interesting. Consumer Reports had a very negative report in the November issue. If you click on the link, there are before and after pictures.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/h...hower_ov_1.htm

Scrub the automatic shower cleaner

Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner
    The claim. Hate scrubbing your shower? The Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner, a battery-operated appliance selling for about $25, is supposed to do the job for you. You hang it on your showerhead and, after the last shower of the day, press the "on" button. Cleaning solution whirls from a sprayer, combines with leftover shower water, and "automatically cleans your whole shower!" It's best to start with a clean surface; still, the device supposedly "will provide a noticeable reduction in existing mildew stains and soap-scum deposits in as little as two weeks when used on a daily basis."

The test. Twelve panelists took Bubbles home to shower stalls and tubs with dirt, scum, water stains, mold, mildew, or some combo of the above. Only one person cleaned her shower before using the device. We asked panelists to use it daily and not to clean their showers in the usual way during testing. They used the device for a month, took pictures weekly, and filled out a questionnaire.

CR's take. It's a dirty job, and judging by our panel, Bubbles might not do it. Eight of 11 panelists said their showers showed no improvement or were somewhat worse (the 12th couldn't comment, because it wouldn't hang on her vertical showerhead). The device missed some areas. Just to check its range, one person lined her stall floor with newspaper, which became wet in only one spot, directly under the cleaner. Another complaint: It left spots, streaks, or stickiness on walls and shower doors. Two panelists said the cleaner worked pretty well; one thought it was so-so. But for most, it was no-go. Save your money and use elbow grease.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2201988;
    I've used it but I didn't see much of a change. I think the cold water/vinegar combination works better (and is cheaper!). I use Woolite sometimes, but also use Drell (a detergent for baby clothes). Drell is cheaper than Woolite and supposedly more gentle on the clothes, since it's intended for babies' clothing.
    I've tried the for darks only detergent and like you lois, didn't see a difference. I am going to have to try to the vinegar thing this weekend. I also didn't know about Drell. I'm going to have to try it out. I have very sensitive skin and hopefully it won't bother it. I can only use Tide or I break out horribly.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2202024;
    I've tried the for darks only detergent and like you lois, didn't see a difference. I am going to have to try to the vinegar thing this weekend. I also didn't know about Drell. I'm going to have to try it out. I have very sensitive skin and hopefully it won't bother it. I can only use Tide or I break out horribly.
    Drell I think is hypoallergenic etc. 'cause it's designed for babies' sensitive skin. But yeah, if the TIDE works for ya, I'd just stick with that! You don't need to break out from trying something different.

When we moved into our house, the shower was so disgusting and we couldn't get it sparkling clean, not with any of the products we used. We hired a maid service and they came over and got it spic and span clean--it was amazing. I wish I could buy their products!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2202056;
    Drell I think is hypoallergenic etc. 'cause it's designed for babies' sensitive skin. But yeah, if the TIDE works for ya, I'd just stick with that! You don't need to break out from trying something different.

I would only use it for my good clothes. I wash those in Woolite on the delicate cycle. I'm going to try it out.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2202024;
    I also have sensitive skin. Arm & Hammer Free of Perfrume and Dye works for me, plus it's cheaper than Tide.

+ Reply to Thread