+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2199969;
    Has anyone ever tired that Tide for cold water? It claims to save energy, but it's expensive compared to the Arm & Hammer detergent I already use.

RE: the scrunning bubbles - It is difficult to install? I rent so I'm not sure I can make a hole in the shower wall.
    I never tried Tide for Coldwater detergent. I figure the regular Tide liquid cleans my colored/ or delicate loads just as well.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

The Tide isn't what's saving energy; it's the cold water. I use Unscented Tide, which isn't specific for cold water. I do use cold water, however, and it works fine. I wouldn't spend more money for a product just because it's marketed for cold water usage. Use what works for you, rt1ky.

You guys have convinced me to try the Scrubbing Bubbles thing, too. I suppose I'll have to move my many bottles of stuff I keep on the shower floor?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2199985;
    The Tide isn't what's saving energy; it's the cold water. I use Unscented Tide, which isn't specific for cold water. I do use cold water, however, and it works fine. I wouldn't spend more money for a product just because it's marketed for cold water usage. Use what works for you, rt1ky.
    Thank guys. I think I will stick to my Arm & Hammer. It only costs me a little over $2 a for a 100 ounce bottle. The comparative size of Tide Cold Water was about $8!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2199969;
    RE: the scrunning bubbles - It is difficult to install? I rent so I'm not sure I can make a hole in the shower wall.
    You just hang it on the hook provided from your shower head. If you've got a conventional shower head, it'll work just fine. Mine is a bit weird since it's this faux-antique curved thing, but I fooled around with the hanger a bit and it stays in place even with the goofy curved shower head. You don't actually have to put anything in your shower wall.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm with you ShrinkingViolet. I did try the Tide for cold water, but figured if this one could be used with cold water, why can't the others? I have used the regular one and works fine
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

After all these years, I still love my Mr. Clean. He's been around at least since I was a little kid, when I didn't do any mopping but thought the picture on the bottle was cool. (He was ahead of his time, shaved bald with an earring in the early 60's )
    But seriously, Mr Clean is a great product.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

As a house cleaner for a living I can vouch for the Scrubbing Bubbles thingy too! It really works, and we LOVE the houses that have them, as they make our job so much easier. It becomes more of a wipe down job then a cleaning job. We're in the process of installing a shower stall at my house, so I'm looking forward to using the SB cleaner.

btw, my MIL bought me one for Christmas and I read the directions. It doesn't require rinsing, but does recommend to turn on the water for a short time before you step into the shower. I do this anyhow to get the water warm anyhow, so I figured that would be just fine. I guess the residue may be a little slippery.

They only need to be used once a day too, not by every person that takes a shower, just the last one. And the one I received came with a $5 coupon inside the box, so if you need more than one for your house just wait until you purchase the first one to get your next coupon.

I suppose I'll have to move my many bottles of stuff I keep on the shower floor?
    If you want it to clean the spot yeah, but it does no harm to anything it comes in contact with such as razors, sponges, etc. Or as their FAQ says:
    The product is also safe to spray on personal care products like shampoo, soap, and bath sponges.

I was a skeptic too, but count me in on being convinced to try the Scrubbing Bubble thingy, too.

I use regular Tide with cold water all the time, and it works great. We don't have any allergies in the family, so I get the one with the regular scent because I love the smell.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I use Gain as I like the fragrance plus it gets my clothes clean. Being in the restaurant business I tend to come home with the aroma of bacon, sausage, deep fryers, etc clinging to my clothes and Gain helps to get rid of it.

+ Reply to Thread