+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2199313;
    On the vinegar in the wash -- is it ok to use for more delicate things? I have a lot of not-very-hardy, non-cotton blouses and pants that I wash in cold water and hang up to dry -- would vinegar be bad for them?

Lucy
    , I've used it (a smaller amount than for a normal load--maybe a tablespoon) when I wash my delicates in cold water with Woolite and it worked fine. But if I were you, I'd just try it on one of your not-very-hardy clothes and see how it fares...just in case. I'd hate for something bad to happen and have you cursing me!

FORT Regular
    this has never seemed to work for me:

putting clothes in the freezer with gum on it. once it comes off, there is still a stain

I have a scrubbing bubbles shower thingy and I love it, too.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2199380;
    I have a scrubbing bubbles shower thingy and I love it, too.
    Boy, count me in the group that saw that advertised on TV and thought, yeah, right, that'll really work...just fling some soap around randomly, what a mess. I'm amazed!! Maybe I'll get one for my sons... I'm sure they don't scrub their tubs!

My daughter couldn't believe I bought it because I usually make fun of stuff like that, much like what you said PWS. Somebody I work with told me it was good, I was at Sam's and saw it and figured WTH, why not. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2199347;

Lucy
    , I've used it (a smaller amount than for a normal load--maybe a tablespoon) when I wash my delicates in cold water with Woolite and it worked fine. But if I were you, I'd just try it on one of your not-very-hardy clothes and see how it fares...just in case. I'd hate for something bad to happen and have you cursing me!
    Thanks! And don't worry, I don't blame anyone else for my failure to do laundry properly.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2199124;
    Funny you should ask. From their FAQ.

You can also go here and sign up for a $5 off coupon. No, I don't work for SC Johnson.
    Thanks for the info. I printed out the coupon and hopefully will make it to the store within the next 2 weeks to get. I just assumed like the rest of you that it was going to be a waste of money
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hmm, maybe I need to get the scrubbing bubbles thing too. I didn't think it worked but all of ya'lls testimonials has me convinced! But I also have well water so I wonder if it will do okay with my hard water stains?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Has anyone ever tired that Tide for cold water? It claims to save energy, but it's expensive compared to the Arm & Hammer detergent I already use.

RE: the scrunning bubbles - It is difficult to install? I rent so I'm not sure I can make a hole in the shower wall.

Thanks, Unkle -you've all convinced me to give it a try. I printed the coupon and will start using it after we move.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread