+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

hahaha... count me in on the clorox wagon in the bathroom! It just isn't clean until the smell of bleach is in the air!
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2199042;
    Lois, how much vinegar do you use? And any certain kind?
    combatcutie, I just use plain white wine vinegar--whatever's the cheapest (usually the store label or a generic-since I'm not using it for taste! ). I put a splash in with each load of colors I'm washing--probably equivalent to about 3 or 4 tablespoons worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2199050;
    Adding to the vinegar discussion, I keep a pretty bottle that used to contain L'Occitane's Verveine spray filled with vinegar sitting on my bathroom sink.
    I love L'occitane lotions, shampoos and soaps! I know--kinda off topic but...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2199051;
    I'm totally in love with the Scrubbing Bubbles daily shower spray thing that hangs off the shower head. I have an old cast iron claw foot tub that is a utter pain to get and keep clean because the surface isn't exactly as smooth as tubs less than 100 years old. On Mom's recommendation, I got one of those sprayers and I'll be damned if my tub hasn't stayed clean and actually gotten whiter.
    I might have to try that one, then. I thought it was just another silly gimmicky thing, but if it actually works...

Of everything, I hate cleaning the shower the most. Hate it. I'd rather scrub the toilet!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Me too waywyrd. Thanks PhoneGrrrl. I will try that shower spray thing. I hate shower cleaning, back breaking scrubbing in corners etc.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2199093;
    I might have to try that one, then. I thought it was just another silly gimmicky thing, but if it actually works...
    It works way. I thought the same thing but I'll be darned if it doesn't work.

What about residue? Don't you need to rinse it before showering or bathing? Wouldn't want to go blind from "soap poisoning"
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I use soap that comes in a bottle. It's a lot more effective and practical at getting rid of germs than bars of soap.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2199102;
    What about residue? Don't you need to rinse it before showering or bathing? Wouldn't want to go blind from "soap poisoning"
    Funny you should ask. From their FAQ.

Does Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner leave a residue? Do I have to rinse my shower after using it?
    No, you do not have to rinse your shower once the product is sprayed. Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner works best on surfaces that are wetted during showering. If the cleaning solution is sprayed onto dry surfaces, it may leave spots. However, any spots can be wiped off with a damp cloth.
    You can also go here and sign up for a $5 off coupon. No, I don't work for SC Johnson.

I have the Scrubbing Bubbles thing, and I like it a lot too.

I'll have to try the Scrubbing Bubbles thing, I also have an ancient clawfoot tub that's wonderful for baths but hard to keep spotless.

On the vinegar in the wash -- is it ok to use for more delicate things? I have a lot of not-very-hardy, non-cotton blouses and pants that I wash in cold water and hang up to dry -- would vinegar be bad for them?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread