+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

MRD

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3137775;
    Have you tried just letting the product you're using just sit on the floor for awhile MRD? Or are the stains embedded?
    This floor is probably as old as the house 30+ years. And there are scratches in it that will never go away. They tend to get dirt in them which makes them look even worse.

I'm sure the stains are fairly embedded. It didn't look good when we moved in and it looks worse now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3130470;
    I was just curious of what oxy clean did you use? The pink paste or the granules that you can put in the wash? My daughter spilled a huge glass of red cool aid on her beige carpet (it looks like a fish-lol) and I can't seem to find anything to get it out.
    Have you cured this problem yet? I got barfed-up Big Red (sorry for the visual) out of my carpet with a product called Capture Carpet Cleaner. It's a moist powder that you sprinkle on generously, work in with a brush (on a mop handle), and let sit, and then vacuum up. They have a Heavy Traffic Area treatment that I used before I did the moist powder application. Great stuff!

I've gotten years old red stains out of white t-shirts with my favorite Totally Toddler spray. It's also done wonders on other stains...like old gravy stains that refused to come out on white tablecloths, and multiple others.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3138091;
    Have you cured this problem yet? I got barfed-up Big Red (sorry for the visual) out of my carpet with a product called Capture Carpet Cleaner. It's a moist powder that you sprinkle on generously, work in with a brush (on a mop handle), and let sit, and then vacuum up. They have a Heavy Traffic Area treatment that I used before I did the moist powder application. Great stuff!

I've gotten years old red stains out of white t-shirts with my favorite Totally Toddler spray. It's also done wonders on other stains...like old gravy stains that refused to come out on white tablecloths, and multiple others.
    No, the fish, um, I mean, the stain is still there. Thanks for the recommendations- I will be getting both of them!

Ok, I bought a pack of the "as seen on tv" dryer balls today. I hope they work. I went ahead and got rid of the dryer sheets because of the staining problem.

Has anyone tried Seventh Generation cleaning products? I plan to replace my chemical laden products as they're used up with green products but I don't want to waste money on anything that doesn't clean well. I bought some Green Works stuff but didn't really think it did all that good a job.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I've got a set of those dryer balls and I can tell a difference in my clothes not being so jumbled up and wrinkled!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love Seventh Generation cleaning products and trash bags.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3152456;
    I love Seventh Generation cleaning products and trash bags.
    I use those too bug. My friend buys cases of their products for her shop so a few of us go in on the cost with her then just do our shopping from her garage once a month.
    CYA

That's so much more convenient Bunny. I have to travel to several stores to get the different products because not one store actually carries all of them at the same time!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread