+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

The only caveat with Oxy-Clean is that with colors, on natural fabrics especially, be sure to do a spot test on a small, non-noticeable area of the clothing. I've noticed that it strips color off of cotton and silk -- it takes off the stain, but leaves a big old white spot.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Someone told me to put a couple aspirin tablets in my laundry. They keep a bottle in the laundry room for that purpose.
    Said it makes brights brighter and whites whiter.

Anyone heard of this???

I know laundry gives me a headache because I hate to do it, but never thought that my clothes have one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for the tip on the oxy clean. It was the first time I used it, luckily my carpet is almost white so it blended well.
    As far as aspirin, I would think you would need a whole bottle for it to make a difference but who am I to say? It just seems like aspirins are so small, I use one when I replace the water in my flower vase. I heard that it kills the germs that attack the flower stems.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3128621;
    I spilled pink bubblegum nail polish on my bedroom carpet last night which is an off white color. I almost died! It was late but I drove to Safeway and picked up Woolite oxy clean carpet stain remover. It didn't really make a dent. I was freaking out and did a little research and read that oxy-clean did the trick for many others, (you wouldn't believe how many people have spilled bubblegum pink nail polish on their white carpet) so I picked some up and WOW it worked. Took it right off!! I am amazed because the nail polish had been on there maybe 15 hours already!

Buglover - Anyway, it says right on there that it takes stains out of clothes so try it might be worth a try! It's not expensive, I picked it up at Ace Hardware.
    I was just curious of what oxy clean did you use? The pink paste or the granules that you can put in the wash? My daughter spilled a huge glass of red cool aid on her beige carpet (it looks like a fish-lol) and I can't seem to find anything to get it out.

Does anyone else have problems with dryer sheets leaving oily spots on some of your clothes? I can't say for 100% it's the dryer sheets but I think it is. Is there a brand that is tried and true not to do this?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Archie, I've never had this problem with Snuggle (the blue box with the cute little bear on it). It smells great, too!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3134133;
    Does anyone else have problems with dryer sheets leaving oily spots on some of your clothes? I can't say for 100% it's the dryer sheets but I think it is. Is there a brand that is tried and true not to do this?
    I was having problems with stuff getting spots from somewhere and I stopped using dryer sheets and the spots stopped

MRD

dryer sheets make your towels less absorbant too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3134178;
    dryer sheets make your towels less absorbant too.
    I found that out also.

Thank you Lois, gabriel, and myrosie for your input. So if I quit using dryer sheets, is there another way to beat that pesky static cling? And I didn't know they made your towels less absorbent so that's my "learned something new" today .

+ Reply to Thread