+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

Anyone who actually gets the deodorant stains out of shirts let me know how as well! I have some great white shirts that are sleeveless and the right in the underarm area they are yellow. I've tried bleaching them but it doesn't do anything other than make the shirts much whiter and the stain stays yellow!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3125303;
    Anyone who actually gets the deodorant stains out of shirts let me know how as well! I have some great white shirts that are sleeveless and the right in the underarm area they are yellow. I've tried bleaching them but it doesn't do anything other than make the shirts much whiter and the stain stays yellow!
    I'm afraid I can't help with getting rid of underarm stains (maybe baking soda?), but I finally found something to prevent them!

You're in California, so I know you have Trader Joe's. TJ's make a very good sensitive-skin deodorant that doesn't stain. It's a clear solid, unscented, paraben- and aluminum-free -- herbal extracts to prevent getting stinky, and cotton fibers to absorb moisture. I'd tried the Adidas cotton-fiber deodorant awhile ago and it didn't work for me, but this stuff does. And no pit stains on the white shirts!

Oh yeah -- it comes in white packaging with a blue cap and blue-and-white labels, and it's called "Trader Joe's unscented deodorant with cotton" -- and it costs less than five bucks.
    Last edited by Ellen; 07-11-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks Ellen. I love TJ's so I may pick that up!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Try mixing equal parts hot water, baking soda, and peroxide and rub into the stains. Let it sit a while, then wash. It usually works for me, I hope it helps!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Over the sink strainer/colander

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3125070;
    I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Klatch or here... Do any of you have those over-the-sink colanders and, if so, do you like it? I'm always washing vegetables or making pasta so I think it would come in handy...but where do you store them when you're not using them?

I have an over-the-sink cutting board with a small colander at the end of it. It's great for veggies! I just wash them. let them drain and then chop them and scrape the peelings right into the garbage disposal. I think that I got it at Target, but I've had it a long time and don't remember for sure. It wouldn't work for pasta though.

If you are worried about storage, you might want to look for a collapsible over-the-sink colander. I know that they exist, but am not sure where to locate one!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I've seen the collapsable colanders at BB&B and Walmart. I've thought of getting one.

PINE-SOL original -- I LOVE THAT STUFF

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3126469;
    PINE-SOL original -- I LOVE THAT STUFF

My grandmother's house always smelled great, so one day I asked her what her secret was. She divulged her "ancient Polish secret": using a solution of water, Pine-Sol Original, and a touch of lemon Mr. Clean to wash the floors. I love that stuff, too.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3125973;
    Try mixing equal parts hot water, baking soda, and peroxide and rub into the stains. Let it sit a while, then wash. It usually works for me, I hope it helps!
    Thanks way! I will give that a try for sure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I spilled pink bubblegum nail polish on my bedroom carpet last night which is an off white color. I almost died! It was late but I drove to Safeway and picked up Woolite oxy clean carpet stain remover. It didn't really make a dent. I was freaking out and did a little research and read that oxy-clean did the trick for many others, (you wouldn't believe how many people have spilled bubblegum pink nail polish on their white carpet) so I picked some up and WOW it worked. Took it right off!! I am amazed because the nail polish had been on there maybe 15 hours already!

Buglover - Anyway, it says right on there that it takes stains out of clothes so try it might be worth a try! It's not expensive, I picked it up at Ace Hardware.

+ Reply to Thread