+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'm going to try some of these products out.

BonBon, I don't think that's the problem. I'm pretty sure I don't have the right cleaning products. The floors in the hallways of the building are wood as well and I see they get the cloudy look to them as well but the cleaning lady who cleans them on the weekends somehow gets it to disappear. I keep trying to catch her to ask what she uses but I seem to always miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2736714;
    I have also been known to use the new Mr. Clean Magic Eraser -- works wonders !
    I LIVE for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Just a warning though, do not cheap out and buy the generic product. I have tried 3 generics (target, wal-mart, local grocery store) and none of them stand up to the same use as the real thing !

On to my question, this is a little wierd but I thought what the heck I might as well ask here. Does anyone have any tips on getting deodorant stains out of shirts? Some of my shirts have a hard deodorant buildup on them and white stains that I can't get rid of.

FORT Regular

I can't vouch for this but it might be worth a try:
    How to Get Rid of Deodorant Stains | eHow.com

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2750065;
    I had a friend with wood floors and she liked to use the OrangeGlo product.
    I am absolutely ADDICTED to OrangeGlo for anything "wood". I love the smell and its much cheaper than Pledge's version.

Today I bought the Bissell Little Green Pet cleaner. I haven't opened it yet though. Does anyone have this, or the regular Little Green machine? If so, do you like it? I like the idea of this better than the Dirt Devil because this has a hose which would make cleaning car upholstery easier. I also chose the pet model over the regular because it comes with two different sized brushes. I'd also like to get a full-size steam cleaner but haven't found anything yet that I can commit to.

Okay, I tried it and for the most part I like it alot. Some of my stains were pretty set so they're going to take more work but it did a good job and was super easy to use. Today I'm going to try it in the car.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Over the sink strainer/colander

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Klatch or here... Do any of you have those over-the-sink colanders and, if so, do you like it? I'm always washing vegetables or making pasta so I think it would come in handy...but where do you store them when you're not using them?

Re: Over the sink strainer/colander

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3125070;
    I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Klatch or here... Do any of you have those over-the-sink colanders and, if so, do you like it? I'm always washing vegetables or making pasta so I think it would come in handy...but where do you store them when you're not using them?
    I use just a normal colander Lois but I have a split sink with one side smaller than the other and the colander I use fits perfectly into the smaller side. On another note, I mistakenly washed a pair of my son's brand new and pretty expensive Khaki shorts with a red shirt and the shorts are now ruined. I really hate to throw them out as I spent about $45.00 on them. I have thought of using Rit Dye on them but I haven't used that stuff since I used it 20 years ago to fade my jeans. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    CYA

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Hi Bunny, I have a split sink, too, but the colander is just "clumsy' in there--or maybe it's me that's the clumsy one! Thanks for letting me know, though!

Did you just wash it? I had something similar happen but I caught it while it was still wet and washed it again alone with color-safe bleach and detergent, and it got back almost to its normal color. If it's already been in the dryer, I don't think it would help. But you could give it a shot! I've never tried Rit, so I can't offer any tips there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3125092;
    Hi Bunny, I have a split sink, too, but the colander is just "clumsy' in there--or maybe it's me that's the clumsy one! Thanks for letting me know, though!

Did you just wash it? I had something similar happen but I caught it while it was still wet and washed it again alone with color-safe bleach and detergent, and it got back almost to its normal color. If it's already been in the dryer, I don't think it would help. But you could give it a shot! I've never tried Rit, so I can't offer any tips there!
    Lois those over the sink colanders do sound cool especially if you have a disposal sink and can chop veggies on it as well.

I didn't put the shorts in the dryer, I just hung them over a rack in the laundry room so I will definitely try your tip...thanks!
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread