+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

Here's a fun one. I get cases of Skintimate shave gel samples from the middle school gym teacher because when she used to hand them out to students they vandalized the locker rooms. My kids use it in the shower and I noticed when it got squirted on the walls or tub it left an immaculate white clean space. So I use all my extra shaving gel to clean the tub and shower walls. I let it foam up and then use a brush and the shower head to rinse. I HATE CLEANING so this is very nice for me. I use Total complete toothpaste, Dawn dishwashing liquid because it makes the best bubble soap (1 part Dawn to 5 parts water). We are into bubbles here. Oxi-clean for rug stains. I drip aromatherapy oil on the empty vacuum cleaner bag whenever I change it and it makes the room smell good when I vacuum. I don't do windows. I have never dusted ever in my entire life.
    Count your blessings!

Liquid All
    Bounce
    Electrasol tabs with jet dry
    Dawn Dishwashing liquid
    Greased Lightning (great for kitchen)
    Windex
    The Works for the bathroom
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Premium Member
    Joy for dishes (love the grapefruit and lime scents)
    Cheer with Colorguard (switched from Tide with Bleach since a 60-load box of Cheer costs as much as a 40-load box of Tide)
    Biz or Oxyclean for a laundry booster if I need it.
    Dove for bath soap
    Downy or Bounce
    Murphy's Oil Soap for washing woodwork and/or Minwax Hardwood Floor Cleaner for the wood floors.
    Windex for glass
    Clorox wipes for bathroom, and I love those Clorox toilet bowl cleaners that you pop onto the handle and then throw away when finished.
    Mr. Clean citrus cleaner for the linoleum.

Dreft. The scents of most detergents gives me a horrible headache, but Dreft works fine for me. Both my little girl and I have very sensitive skin, so this works as far and that (and the no headache part.) Also use the Dreft spray for stains, as things like Spray & Wash kill my head.

LYSOL spray, regular scent or clean linen.

PINESOL I love Pinesol. Amazing, THAT scent doesn't make my head hurt.

I like scrubbing bubbles for cleaning the bathroom sinks.

And I keep Softsoap antibacterial soap in pumps at every sink in the house.

Clorox wipes.

Windex! I love gold old Windex.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

What will make months of grime come out of a bathtub? My Scrubbing Bubbles just isn't doing it for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    What will make months of grime come out of a bathtub? My Scrubbing Bubbles just isn't doing it for me anymore.
    try softscrub and a good old scrubbie or good old comet kitchen cleanser and a scrubbie and good old hot water to rinse.... my normal modus operandi
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'll recommend Skintimate again, but also try to find the thread about consumer advice where they recommended something I used with great success, but the smell gave me a headache. I think it was Kaboom. Tell you what, I'll go find it and bump it up, and then come back here and edit this to point you in the right direction. Edit to say that it was Kaboom, but trying to scan all the pages to find it was giving me a headache. There is a lot of good info in that thread, though.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-05-2005 at 06:59 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    According to the book How Clean is Your House?, you can fill your tub with hot water and powdered laundry detergent with enzymes, let it sit for a few hours, and voila! Sparkly tub with no elbow grease.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    According to the book How Clean is Your House?, you can fill your tub with hot water and powdered laundry detergent with enzymes, let it sit for a few hours, and voila! Sparkly tub with no elbow grease.
    Thanks. I'll try the powdered laundry detergent first. That will work while the water will keep Ralph Cat out of the bathtub while it is working its magic!

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    What are the brands of powdered laundry detergent with enzymes? Products like OxyClean?
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

+ Reply to Thread